Why would you want to serve Jehovah?

by Anti-Christ 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

I think there is a difference between serving Jehovah and the WTS.

Under Christian doctrine, a person actual serves by preaching (many ways to give a testimony) Jesus as Jehovah's promised messiah.

Missionary work is promoted in my particular Southern culture and is not limited to JWs.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I think there is a difference between serving Jehovah and the WTS.

For me it's about the same, man made gods used to gain power over other people, but I do get what you are saying.

• reniaa
    reniaa
    If a powerful being would present itself to me as being god I would question and ask for very strong proof of this.

I agree with you there and but if we believe the bible he did give them cause and proof of this in biblical times, but this is all 2000 years later so now an understandable question of "what have you done for me lately" could be asked.

So if God did provide irrefutable evidence, something in the style of a miraculous event that the whole world would have to sit up and acknowledge does he then have the right to ask obedience and worship of us? If for the sake of argument we assume the bible is completely accurate would we still rebel because we want to walk our own roads without being restricted by rules from a supreme being?

I still struggle with these questions myself lol

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

So if God did provide irrefutable evidence, something in the style of a miraculous event that the whole world would have to sit up and acknowledge does he then have the right to ask obedience and worship of us? If for the sake of argument we assume the bible is completely accurate would we still rebel because we want to walk our own roads without being restricted by rules from a supreme being?

I still struggle with these questions myself lol

I love these kinds of questions. Well in my opinion it might be impossible to "prove" that something is god. A miracle is not enough proof, it's just an event we can not understand or explain. If a being uses great powers to prove something all it proved is that this being has more power then you or me. For example, if a demon or an alien or whatever would appear in front of you and performed an unbelievable act, how would you know if this is god or a not? If god does exist, how can he prove himself? To have proof he would have to prove to you that he created the universe but to know if he is not BSing you, you would have to know everything in and about the universe so god would have to turn you into his equal to prove it to you. You would have to know everything he knows.

• reniaa
    reniaa

and thus becoming god myself but I think there is a way and that is if he does actually do what he promises which is ....(depending on what you believe)....take us to heaven! or provide us with everlasting life on earth! those would be fairly impossible to argue with happenings but unfortunately we are living in the catch22 situation of being told that to access these "Rewards" we have to believe first :s

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    and thus becoming god myself but I think there is a way and that is if he does actually do what he promises which is ....(depending on what you believe)....take us to heaven! or provide us with everlasting life on earth! those would be fairly impossible to argue with happenings but unfortunately we are living in the catch22 situation of being told that to access these "Rewards" we have to believe first :s

Voila, so do you consider this to be fair or just? It's the same for every other religion, it's like a big gamble, choose the right one or else and all you have to go on are other peoples personal experiences and ancient text written in a language that most people don't use anymore.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I would not want to serve that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. He puts Himself above His own principles, and is absolutely corrupt. He does absolutely nothing but make trouble, and then He expects people to give Him credit for the crumbs He allows when their efforts produce results (and He is imperfectly successful in busting it up).

I no longer want to serve that Tyrant.

When you really study the bible objectively, especially what we call the old testament, we start to realise that this god is not that great. Even with the "explanation" of the WT you still have a hard time loving this entity, when I was a believer I loved Jesus but I feared Jehovah. It was always difficult for me to explain why an all powerful, wise and loving god found it necessary to kill off babies. The slogan of every Judea christian religion should be love god or he will f*&ing kill you.(or torture you for eternity)

• KingArthur
    KingArthur

What does Jehovah expects from you? Total obedience to the ones that call themselves the faithful and discrete slave. Is this reasonable? No. Why not? They are men. Ordinary humans like you and me. Power corrupts The slogan of every Judea christian religion should be love god or he will f*&ing kill you.(or torture you for eternity) Good comments anti- Remember Psalm 146 Do not put your trust in nobles or the son of earthling man ... Are the GB's not men? And 1john3 or something God is love he the the very embodiment and personification of love God loves you so much that he is going to kill you if you dont do what the WT says. Get your head around that one!

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Anti-Christ, it seems we were separated at birth man. I myself have been giving the same views at this link: http://www.1up.com/do/club?Dispatch=Display&clubid=45972 I find it difficult to want to love a deity that has laid around for so long, watching everything occur as it has, having the power to do something about it, but doesn't. I mean someone is watching all of us get beat up and instead of stepping in and saying enough he just let's it happen. god can kiss my ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit