Why would you want to serve Jehovah?

by Anti-Christ 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

For all of you you believe in the WatchTower doctrine I have a few honest and important (in my opinion) question you should ask yourselves.

Why serve a god like Jehovah? You may find that question to be out of your comfort zone but I think it's important to examine the WT vision of the god you accept as real.

What does Jehovah expects from you? Total obedience to the ones that call themselves the faithful and discrete slave. Is this reasonable? No. Why not? They are men. Ordinary humans like you and me. Power corrupts. Why would these men be immune to corruption? Everything that supposedly comes from them comes from Jehovah. How can you be sure of this? How can you verify what is true and what is not when they expect you to believe everything they teach? When you look at the bible every nation under god's rule became corrupt and the ones who followed the men in charge fell with them.

What is the WT explanation for evil? Well they say that god is trying to prove a point. He wants to justify his rule and sanctify his name. Do you find this just? Do you find this to be a reasonable thing coming from a god who supposed to be love? Do you really think a god like this is interested in you? Obviously his name and desire to rule every humans action and thoughts is more important than human kinds happiness and freedom. For thousands of years humanity has suffered and with no help from this god we have accomplish a lot. We help more people and try to stop suffering more then he as ever even try. He his responsible for the suffering of millions. You might say well humans are sinners. why are we born like this? He his the one who created this universe in a way that innocent children inherit "sin". The one who as the power to stop suffering and does not is responsible for it. No mater what justification the WT tries to use this do not excuse suffering of the innocent just to prove a point.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I never really wanted to "serve Jehovah". I wanted to have a relationship with the creator of all things.

The lack of a good reason to allow all the suffering of innocent people is what really drove me away. I haven't given up on getting an answer to that question some day, but it sure isn't because god and satan are having a pissing contest.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Are you attacking the bible or Jw's here because from what you say it's unclear?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Are you attacking the bible or Jw's here because from what you say it's unclear?

First I'm not "attacking" anything, I am questioning a certain system of belief. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. If someone claims anything (bible or WTBTS) to be from the most powerful being of the universe we are entitled to put these claims to the test and question everything they claim. If not we set ourselves up to be under the control of almost anybody.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    For me i find it's very much like the "tickle your ears" scrioture as apposed to a sinking ship, theres a lot of ad hominem arguments directed at the people and organisation that make it frustrating at times but as all forums are opinioned based it's only to be expected.

I know you said this on an other tread but I find it ironic that you say this and then you actually us a logical fallacy to discredit my argument. I ask questions and you us a negative term ( attack ) instead of answering the questions. You avoid the questions and you change the meaning of what I was doing. Why do you consider questioning something as an attack?

• reniaa
    reniaa

You have a point but i actually ment it as a genuine question, you say "why serve a God like jehovah?" then you cite biblical examples of him which left me wondering if you were questioning the Bible-Gods ethics as apposed to the Jw doctrines based on the bible?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Jehovah Who?..The name was never used before the 14th century..That means Jesus most certainly never would have used that name.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

I WANT TO SERVE BEELZEBUB, RULER OF THE DEMONS!

Well, actually, no...

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    You have a point but i actually ment it as a genuine question, you say "why serve a God like jehovah?" then you cite biblical examples of him which left me wondering if you were questioning the Bible-Gods ethics as apposed to the Jw doctrines based on the bible?

Sorry I am guilty of assuming your motive. I cite biblical examples of how he treats humans because like I mention it is important to question extraordinary claims. If you or anybody else approves of the conduct of this god I find it hard to understand how you can call this love. It sounds more like love of oneself (god loving his reputation more then humans). JW and other religion claim that the bible is the inspired word of god, this notion must be question and put to the test. I question anything that claims power over humans. If a powerful being would present itself to me as being god I would question and ask for very strong proof of this.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Jehovah Who?..The name was never used before the 14th century..That means Jesus most certainly never would have used that

Yes I know. It is the WT god, they use that name so I use it as a reference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit