Witnesses stay for the convention and my wife tells them were divorcing!

by Witness 007 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

She told me hours before their arrival that she wants us to divorce....I asked her to not tell them as it would spoil our few days together and cause stress for all of us...she agreed.....and then told them on day 2???? NEVER LISTENS! I was sooo damn stressed out I was bearly holding it together. So on the night she told them it was the last night with us so we had some wine with me and wife having alittle more then we should. She ends up saying how she "want's her freedom" and that I set her free from the Witnesses {she wasn't born in like me} and she drops the F...K word a couple times!!! Towards the end I get angry and drop one F..... word which didn't go down well....in the morning they rushed out in a hurry...I sent them an e-mail to apologise and say we are going thru a rough patch...but no reply for 2 weeks....ohhh the shunning.

• Mandette
    Mandette

maybe some professional help? Someone for you to talk with to help you get through this??? If your wife would go great, if not, then they can still help you........

just a thought......wishing you some peace of mind....

Mandette

• still_in74
    still_in74
    She ends up saying how she "want's her freedom" and that I set her free from the Witnesses {she wasn't born in like me} and she drops the F...K word a couple times!!!

wow, that would have been one awkward room to be in! Can you imagine what the couple were talking about when they went to bed?????

LOL

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"ummm.. All I asked was please pass the corn..."

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah the "brother" went to bed early but his wife stayed to "encourage" us telling me I was happiest when Pioneering...

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I only have one question..why the heck would you allow witnesses to come stay for the convention when all this is going on in your marriage? If it was me, I'd have cancelled and explained it was not a good time. If they needed help finding a place to stay, I'd have helped em. But then, I'd never have someone staying at my house so they could attend a convention. Eww, the afterhours convo about the sessions would be unbearable!!

• yknot
    yknot

removed

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yup, the F word'll do it everytime. Nothing clears a room like the F word.

Sorry about your problems. I remember the stress just before my other left me. *shudders*

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

sweetstuff said;

I only have one question..why the heck would you allow witnesses to come stay for the convention when all this is going on in your marriage? If it was me, I'd have cancelled and explained it was not a good time. If they needed help finding a place to stay, I'd have helped em. But then, I'd never have someone staying at my house so they could attend a convention. Eww, the afterhours convo about the sessions would be unbearable!!

I concur. The expense of putting them up at nice lodging would have been worth the price.

I never ever would have said sorry for dropping the F Bomb, when it was in my home. Once again if you have issues with my language---- THERE'S THE DOOR.

I bet they didn't have a problem with the vintage being served.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

You might have time to "fix" the marriage...but do you really? Her statement "I want my freedom" has nothing to do with her religion, you or anything else. It's all about her. She will find that living as a single woman is hard work and not what she imagines it to be. It seems to me that she has made your life a living hell and you just might be surprised at how much more you can enjoy "freedom" than your wife. When she becomes a single JW she will not get invites to former friend couples as she will be a percieved threat. It will be pretty lonely...unless she has her eye on a brother to hook up with quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit