I have forsaken my dedication

by wobble 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mustang
    mustang

Go with the poor teaching method: you never really comprehended what was meant.

Personally, I have a different possibility. Look @ my profile. (Which I can't do while composing this post :) )

And I now see that JW's NEED the Clergy-Laity distinction, which they rail against. I was not meant to be a preacher; therefore my dedication was never proper from that standpoint, in and of itself.

Are you are "born-in-the troof" JW? If so, you never had a chance to properly develop psychologically. You do not have the mental foundation to make a dedication.

I also believe that "few are chosen, few are called". How many of us really are missionary/teachers etc?

Mustang

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I get this too...In practice you cannot stop the rantings of a determined dub who wants to make you feel bad. I have also "reneged on my responsibilities" " bitten the hand that fed me" "turned my back on God almighty" and of course I am "part of the evil slave " will be "Vomited out of His mouth" etc etc.

I liked Jgnat's comment , and Blondie's quote shows just how they are supposed to think, but rarely do

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Blondie's comments are really helpful, esp. when dealing with a hardcore dub. Show them from their own publication that his comments are wrong. The equate reading the WT to reading the bible anyways....

But also, Mustang's comments are relative also, since at Romans 12:6 we know that everyone has different gifts, and preaching sn't everyones...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You could say......."No I haven't, YOU have!" ......sorry thats all I could come up with.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, if you learn new truths that had been veiled before, and then act on them, you haven't really forsaken anything. You thought that the proper way to fulfill it was the door to door work, and now you realize that it was all a scam. Once you learn that, you stop doing it because you now know it's wrong. And you do what you believe is right.

As for me, yes I have revoked my dedication to God. Forever. Why? He never fulfilled His end of the deal, despite that it would have been extremely simple and easy for Him. Why, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag actually exerted more effort to stifle my fulfillment than He would have had to in order to fulfill me! And I am supposed to glorify that? As this means God is not worthy of my worship as I was misled into believing He was, I have totally and permanently revoked my dedication to God.

Instead, I now follow the simple version of morals I learned in the "secret" society that I joined just to slap Jehovah in the face. So simple that most small children instinctively follow them. I do my best to do what is good for myself and society (of course, within the limits of my ability and knowledge) and try to avoid doing what is bad for self and/or society. And no guilt if I make a stupid mistake (perhaps because of bad information) or do what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or God Himself claims is wrong but is not bad for self or society. As for actions that are neither good nor bad for self nor society, I just do as I please.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Where was that scripture where Jesus said that those who were busy trying to extract a splinter from someone else's eye didn't see the rafter in their own eye?

Or how about this one "With the judgement that you are meting out you will be judged in return?"

Oh, how quick they are to condemn....isn't judgement supposed to be left to God and Jesus? Or do they sit in that seat now?

• Borgia
    Borgia

if post 1985: Yes you have.

If pre-1985: you have not.

It feels good, does it not?

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit