by BonaFide 21 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

no advice

just empathy for what they are doing and how it makes you feel

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Hi Bonafide,

I've been following your story with interest. It sucks that you are getting treated this way in spite of a complete lack of evidence for any wrong-doing.

Keep talking to your parents. Don't make it easy for them to forget about you. JW "friends" are the shallowest you'll ever come across. Find ways to meet and make new friends. Take up a new hobby or interest and just get on with moving on!

At least you've got a girlfriend. So that's one positive area.

At this stage, if I were you, I don't think I'd meet with any more elders. Its clear what the outcome of any future meeting would be (you DFed) so don't give them that power over you.

Just my tuppence!

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- It sounds like you are having a real eye opener in your situation about what REALLY goes on behind the scenes in those elders meetings. Believe me, been there, have experienced that. If I was in a similar situation - I would stop going to meetings with any of these losers. I moved 70 miles away to get away from unjust elders. Finally they left me alone- but not before I had to fight them in an appeal committee meeting. I won- but still people avoid me. I'm sorry about your mother though , everybody needs their mom. Take care, hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I never realized how terrible it is for people in this situation.

I wish I knew what is happening.

Your biggest priority now is to make non-JW or ExJW friends... if you don't you will be very lonely soon.

At least you have us... please give me a call if you want to talk.

Lance

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IMHO, you, at the very least, are being marked, and probably well on your way to being df'd. I've seen marking of jw women who leave their abusive jw husbands. As difficult as it is, this is a life lesson. You are in a cult, and the only way to get back into its good graces is to show submission and repent of whatever they say you did, whether you are guilty or not.

If you can't live with that, try using a version of the letter found here: http://www.docbob.org/ The author may even help you with a version of your own to avoid getting df'd. Hopefully in time, your family will stop shunning you. Make "worldly" friends and seek out your nonjw relatives. Keep in touch here and on other boards, because only someone who has been through this will understand. You my also want to seek therapy.

• mustang
    mustang
    You have been marked.
    The pioneer sister is most likely trying to set you up. Badger game/honey trap. Don't fall for it.

Expect more of that; it may be that they were bluffing and figured that you would cave in fairly quick. Since it didn't work, they will try other routes. They are definitely gunning for you. The siege has set in: prepare for a long wait and walls of silence.

I would concentrate on WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU DO FOR A LIVELIHOOD. If that is the ministry, shelve that and figure out WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR A LIVELIHOOD.

Keep busy with that, keep your head down and keep the other head in your pants.

Be careful, even with your girlfriend. Talk it over with her.

Oh, and "the blackbirds" will "stake you out": that is they will sit outside your house and watch who comes and goes. I forget the details, but 'a lady enters and all lights go off' has been used as evidence against people.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Ex-Bethelite Testifies About Spying In Watchtower World Headquarters

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56593/1.ashx

They do it @ HQ, they do it locally.

Mustang

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Yeah they really do spy. I was assigned to study with this newly-reinstated sister and she told me she knew her worldly husband was cheating, so she and my friend put on wigs and followed him in a car till they saw him meeting the woman in a motel. She got her divorce.

Funny(?) thing is, 3 years later she got a taste of her own medicine. She started fooling around with my brother-in-law, and the elders had my husband and a friend tail them (YES, I still have the mustache and wig he used!!). They found them neckin' in a parked car up in the mountains. They said they were praying.

Now she's my sister-in-law.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BF....

I tried to call you last weekend... didnt even go to voice mail the last time I tried... hmmmmmm.....

You have been marked by the BOE.... matter of time before you are DF... since it is inevitable...got out in a blaze of glory..

if you have anything to say to your soon to be former JW friends, you might want to mail out letters NOW.... most wont likely read it after an announcement is made...

"Bonafide is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" SLAM....The door will be shut...your friendships will end... any friends that hang around after that are real friends.

Come on over to JWS http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php... a lot of good folks from here are there... (just stay away from that crazy anti-JWD board)

Snakes ()

• choosing life
    choosing life

No advice. I just want to say I'm sorry for the way they are treating you. You do not deserve it. I don't know how old you are, but they dfd my son when he was barely 18 while we were out of town. Came back and it was all decided.

The good thing that came from that was it was the beginning of the end of jw nonsense for me. I bet your mom is crying a lot lately. Maybe it will work out for the good.

Again, I am struck by their total lack of true love. Sorry, cl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit