WTF is THIS...Federal Contracts {2001} for Medical Services

by sf 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Is it basically that they applied for govt $$ to make a certain business accessible to the elderly or disabled?

In which case, JW's use (whether morally right or not, I don't know) government funding all the time.

That's just how it looks to me.

• dinah
    dinah

Couldn't several women have gotten together and taken care of that without having to associate Jehovah's name with the VA in a google search?

• rebel8
    rebel8

WOW. I just read the other thread--$90k! I don't find any sort of explanation about what the money was to be used for and why the applicants felt they were eligible. (What medical qualifications do they possess?)

The best thing to do at this point is FOIL the info. I cannot do this guys--I promised Mr. Rebel8 I wouldn't do stuff like this any more. Hopefully someone else will. All you have to do is find the VA's FOIL person (should be easy to find on their web site), and write a short letter saying

In accordance with my rights under the Freedom of Information Law, I hereby request all documentation pertaining to Department of Veteran's Affairs grants provided to entities named "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Watchtower Society" from January 1, 2000 to date. My request includes, but is not limited to, the following:

• The original grant announcement and any addendums
    • A copy of the application(s) received from the above-mentioned entities
    • Documentation of deliverables received from these entities
    • An explanation of how above-mentioned deliverables support the mission of the Department of Veteran's Affairs

Within a month or so you should have the documents. Then we will see a thread Atlantis-style that says, "Watchtower in bed with the government again--pdf!"

• mustang
    mustang

These are SDB contracts: Small Disadvantaged Businesses. See the other thread, where I mentioned this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/161785/1.ashx

Mustang

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have another take on this. I don't mind if some JWs are providing in-home care for an elderly or disabled person using government funds BUT the fact that they list their parent company as the JWs is strange. If it's legitimate, it would make the WTS liable for anything that went wrong while care was provided, such as elder abuse, and I can't believe the WTS would open themselves up to that kind of liability. So, I can't help but wonder if Bethel has found a way to get rid of elderly CO's/DO's, what have you, and get a government contract to pay for their care. After all, these people were only volunteers for the WTS, not real employees. Wouldn't it be a loving provision of the Borg if they were able to provide government sponsored care for them at the congregational level in their old age? They could have several pioneers being caregivers part-time, paid by the Veterans Affairs Administration, leaving them free to pioneer between shifts diapering and spoon feeding their old CO. What a wonderful God Jehovah is! And it wouldn't cost the WTS a thing!

StAnn

• mustang
    mustang
    BUT the fact that they list their parent company as the JWs is strange.

Read my comment in the other post; it's a/the way to do this. I have ran into this technique coming from areas of Indian populations/reservation several times. They know how the system works. And the government contract awards system "gives points" for minorities, handicaps ands so forth: the more the better. Adding the non-profit religion category is a big plus.

So, I can't help but wonder if Bethel has found a way to get rid of elderly CO's/DO's, what have you, and get a government contract to pay for their care.

You may have hit on the way that they will do it!!!

So: is it a rogue congo pulling a local "fast-one" or is it an official, from the top, way to handle a CO/DO "old folks home"??

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Worse yet: they hadn't thought of this, but read it on JWD and do it

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

In an effort to have a GUT (Grand Unified Thread), two other threads have this theme:

WTF is THIS...Federal Contracts {2001} for Medical Services

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/164246/1.ashx

Wake Up -- Possible Local Mini-Scandal

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/161785/1.ashx

circle of Friends

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/164305/1.ashx

I'm including this one; reportedly, there is a 4th: I'm still looking for that one.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit