Demonstrators at Bethel

by Yizuman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I want to protest, anyone planning anything please PM me

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

gymbob:

Any of you ex-bethelites remember Mr. Coffee????

I was a temp in the 80s and stayed at Bossert for my 3 weeks there... I heard about Mr. Coffee..I may have run into him, but my memory is foggy..... am I mixing him up with someone else, or was he one of the "worldly" tenants that the Society inherited when the WTBTS bought the Bossert Hotel? It seemed to me that there were several "characters" living in Bossert benefiting from NYC rent control and the Society had to just wait for them to die before they could renovate the apartments for use by Bethelites... real strange... all these clean cut Bethelites and out of an elevator walks some long haired "character".... Snakes ()

• Jesika
    Jesika

I arrived late when Silentlambs did the march, but I was there.

I did leave a few lambs (later that night) to symbolize me and those in my family who had been silenced.

Even though they were only stuffed animals............doing that in frount of Bethel (my parents met there) gave me some closure.

I could see some people inside Bethel looking out the windows (even though they tried not to be seen).

I know what they thought about it..........but it wasn't about them...........it was about the victims having a voice and leaving a message.

Jes

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

does anyone know what they do with the lambs?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

the bethel cleaning crew in the 25 bldg was given the privilege to clean up the fence

I was peering out the office complex on the 5th floor ... overseer closed the curtains.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I always wanted to go to bethel before... now i want to go to bethel to protest!!!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Lots of people remember Mr. Coffee. He was there day in, day out, for years.

"Look at you addicts! You wake up in the morning.

Your get your shot of coffee.

You walk to work. You come back to lunch.

You get another shot of coffee.

You come back for dinner. You get ANOTHER shot of coffee. etc."

For a brief time there was also "Coffee Mate". That was the nickname pinned on a homeless guy who would hang around Mr. Coffee. Sometimes he would chime in with what Mr. Coffee was saying and occasionally Mr. Coffee would get mad at Coffee Mate and tell him to get out of there.

Good times.

FWIW, active protesters never made a single dent in my cult programming. It was obvious that they were clearly opposing God's chosen people, so I made sure never to touch their "poison". Different strokes for different folks I guess.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit