Demonstrators at Bethel

by Yizuman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Had any of you seen any demonstrators at Bethel when you worked there?

I am curious as to what any of you thought of them when you seen them holding signs and passing out pamphlets to JWs as they were all walking by.

If any had seen them, did they have any impact on your life in any way?

I was there as part of the demonstrators back in 91-93.

Yiz

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I was at the 25 Office Complex when Silent Lambs came by. I was slightly aware of what they were about but it didn't trigger any investigations. I hated the fact they left toy lambs littered on the fence in front of the complex. That didn't leave a good impression.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Back around 77'-78' there was a group who demonstrated in front of the 124 bldg. for several days in a row. They had a leader who said he was the prophet Jeremiah resurrected.

So one day at breakfast Schroeder reports to the bethel family what was going on because they were creating a pretty big scene each day.

He said the GB decided to meet with the leader, and after a few minutes they find out the guy is DF'd and wants Jehovah's witnesses to join them.

Wackos....

• gymbob
    gymbob

Any of you ex-bethelites remember Mr. Coffee????

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

In 04 or 05 there was a lady screaming to us that Jaracz was part of a gov. conspiracy. What a nut huh? ;-)

This happened as we went to breakfast at the 30 bldg.

• uninformed
    uninformed

mr. coffee actually got run over by a Bethel driver. Accident supposedly. I understand he got a claim.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Who's Mr. Coffee? What was he all about? Goodness, he got hit by a bethel driver?

In my demonstration time back then, I had one guy at the KH that was severely pissed off that I and my friend was there holding signs regarding to the WT false prophecies and his fellow JWs had to pull him inside the KH because he wanted to beat the crap out of us.

Yiz

• uninformed
    uninformed

Mr. Coffee--

I am sure that others know more than me. But I am also sure that he was hospitalized due to being accidently hit by a Bethel Driver.

It was around 1992 or so if memory serves me.

Brant

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I don't recall that.

Demonstrators at Bethel and conventions are cool, takes real guts to stand there with plackcards and shout slogans against the JWs.

My real anger is to the G. B and elders, not to all JWS as I have had some great friends as witnesses. but the problem is they don't maintain a true friendship if you get in to trouble. Then they would stab you in the back.

I am not really sure if demonstrations are that effective anymore. Does anyone else feel that way?

Anyone who does demonstrate I think you are brave and to be commented.

Orangefatcat

• kool aid man06

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit