Dear God.....

by AK - Jeff 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

http://www.dear-god.net/

There are two reasons I post this link:

1. When I came across it, I realized that I no longer find anything said there particularly inspiring or particularly offensive. Not long ago I would have found it to be offensive. Not long after that I would have found some of it inspiring. This site aided me to see that I had grown, or perhaps outgrown, my past.
    2. Perhaps it can to some extent aid others in either the same way - or a completely different way. I imagine it impossible to read these prayers from around the globe, without it having some sort of effect. Being affected by our environs, other's ideas, and diverse perspective, not only cannot be ignored, it cannot be diminished as a serious part of who we have/will become in this life.

So - whether you choose to click onto the next [and perhaps more or less interesting one] thread, or spend an hour seeing life and spirit or lack of spirit in these words, is up to you. I have no agenda here. Still, I pass it on.

Jeff

• bem
    bem

Probably not what you were meaning to impart Jeff but there were some stunning photo's in there, I am not offended by the words I only read a few. but I wonder if it's true that by compiling our thoughts and sending them on is all the healing there really is? I want to belive in a higher power, but I cannot wrap my mind around a power that hears prayers or answers them.Maybe it is all in making our minds over to believe in something bigger than us to simply survive.

I do not mock anyone I am just wondering out loud, as the words do have an impact on my thinking ability.

Hope you're having a great day Dorothy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes - the photos are stunning. I don't know how the site works - if the submitter supplies the photo or the site does so.

I am surprised by the diverse thinking represented freely here - and welcome it. What a move I have made from the scripted prayers we used as Jw's. I must admit that an actual prayer, for me these days, is rare. I struggle with the idea that I must express myself in words to explain to my creator what I am about. But I often find myself awed with the vastness of the universe, and the diversity of it all.

I no longer seek to define God, or interpret him. I don't honestly know if that means I have moved toward or away from Him.

Jeff

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I hope those who posted their prayers get them answered. I couldn't read too far as it made me too sad. I honestly wish there was someone who knew, and cared. Or listened. I don't know, maybe he listens to others and not me.

As I say, I hope those folks find some relief.

Chris

• *summer*
    *summer*

Thank You for the link...

Bookmarked for future reading...

I am no longer seeking to define or interpret God as well.

I accept that some things will always be beyond my understanding. And I made peace with that.

Who can explain the beauty of the Universe. Or the amazing ways of the human body. Or all the tragedies happening in this world.

I cannot.

I only try my best to be a decent human being...

• bem
    bem

You folks are all so "cool"

I will send the link to my niece she will get whatever is good in it for her, she is so wrapped up in her own grief though maybe reading someone elses thoughts will help her she is a believer in prayer and an almighty 'god'. Thats the beauty of JWD in particular imo, one post may help who knows how many??

• Nowman
    Nowman

I have not prayed since I left the org/parents in 1992. I have thought about praying but feel weird even thinking of it...I do not believe and I do not have faith. I am not bitter at all, I love life...I do not feel that praying will help at all with me. I do not think anyone/anything could convince me otherwise. Do I feel happier all these years NOT praying, YES.

Even as I type this, and I do not feel my world is not going to end, I do not feel I have to ask for anything or give thanks to anyone except those those that have made me a better person, and it was not God. Not to be offensive, but I am saying this because I am a person that has no faith. Sure I have alot of questions, but I do go through life not caring about the answers, not in a depressive way, but in a way of "no news is good news".

It is not bad to think this way, it keep me moving forward, and it has helped me become a stronger person, and I did not pray to God.

Nikki

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I no longer seek to define God, or interpret him. I don't honestly know if that means I have moved toward or away from Him.

You are moving.

BTS

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Great find Jeff, don't give up on your journey.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I don't know if I pray or just talk to myself a lot. Always have been an eternal seeker, just not sure what of anymore. I don't really expect answers, but just can't stop thinking of questions.

I agree it's really the pictures that make the site interesring. I think it said on the site that you can suppy the picture or they will, if you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit