R.I.P Nelly O'Grady

by nelly136 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

(((Nelly))))

So sorry I just saw this. PMs.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear about your loss, nelly. And sorry to have missed this the first time round.

Love, Blondie

• nelly136
    nelly136

i got the phonecall 'apology/excuse' for not letting me know on friday, call me cynical but i'm assuming it was more for jw apearance benefit than mine.

thankyous for the kind thoughts, at least i can leave a memory of her here as shes obviously not going to be remembered there.

ironically when we went to raise a glass for my dad at his local on the 14th, the landlady gave us his pint glass as she's been keeping it....he's been dead 3 years and yet the barmaid still knew his favourite pint, and theyre having a bar stool with his name plaque put in the pub.

it was a bit of a contrast to say the least.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Will PM you. x

• nelly136
    nelly136

its almost the first anniversary, so i'll btt it this year this for good measure. no doubt shes long forgotten amongst her friends, a few months back i had the pleasure of a couple of jws at least one of them was an elder not sure about the other on my doorstep, the elder asked if i'd ever go back,i mentioned my nan and the way she was carted off to be conviently forgotten, the other one looked a bit blank and then asked how she was. rolled my eyes at this point while the elder coloured up a bit and spluttered about her having passed away. (matercard moment) they sooo care about their flocks, they do....honest lol on the plus side theyve not bothered knockin since.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am sorry for the loss of your Nan. My maternal grandmother was English and we called her "Nanny". I miss her lots. All my grandparents are gone as are a lot of my family. I miss them all. They are always with you, though. I let myself cry when I am alone and I feel the need. And I often think of wonderful, happy memories about them that make me smile and laugh.

No JW can take away your memories. I think if they could, they would. They think they have exclusivity on their members. It's times like these that prove they sure don't!

• nelly136
    nelly136

yup they cant take memories heaven,

its been a year now and her passing ended my last emotional tie to the jw relatives, i do still have jw rellys alive but she was the last one i felt connected to(if that makes sense).

i got the nan that i remembered back when she passed and she made sure i was the first to know even tho my jw aunt did her best not to, the person who confirmed she'd died was only telling me what i already knew.

• besty
    besty

hugs nelly ((((( :-))))

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

safe sanctuaries are good to remember, even if it's a year to the day since her life-force was spent. ((Nelly))

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

the other one looked a bit blank and then asked how she was.

Well, warm thoughts of Nelly to you on this reflection day. She wasn't forgotten, just by them.
    Strength to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit