Only 800 Annointed left? The end is nigh!

by excito-are 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• excito-are
    excito-are

Talk on Sunday was all about the time of the end before GT. Speaker said many in the world are ignoring the sign that Jesus gave. But we are ready and can tell with all thats going on in the world thats its almost over.

A brother afterwards said to me "do you know how may annointed are left"? I said "9,152". He replied " No, the governing body suspect less than 800 truly annointed ones" My reply was that " It's intersting that Jesus gave everyone a de-nar'i-us who worked for him in the vineyard, yet those last one hour workers were despised by those who had worked all day in the field because they felt they were more worthy. Jesus said is it not lawful for me to do what I want with my own things. Thats the same attitude with long serving annointed brothers seeing young men claiming to have the same wage yet spirtually newish. Who are we to tell Jesus how many annointed are left". The brothers response was that "you go too far and claim to know more than the governing body". I replied that "I was only quoting the bible".

Many in the hall were very excited as this Russia Georgia war could be the spark to ignite the GT.

All Gold chains and no brains in this hall sadly.

Regards

Excito

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wow talk about a good response!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi excito-are,

That's an interesting parallel you draw there with Jesus' illustration.

And welcome to the forum as I missed your last posts.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

YAY THE GREAT TRIBULATION!!! I HOPE I GET RAPED AND GET TO WATCH MY WHOLE FAMILY DIE! only so i can prove how much I LOVE JEHOVAH and his earthly orginazation.!!!!!!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Welcome excito - are, loved the thought process you used....and that really disturbs me when they get excited about world tragedies....because it is a sign of the end!

• sir82
    sir82
    No, the governing body suspect less than 800 truly annointed ones"

I heard this exact same comment...20 years ago!

Back then, it was a necessary rumor...the number of "true anointed" was supposed to be decreasing rapidly, but it was holding steady (and would continue to do so).

Nowadays, with the new light on how the door was not sealed in 1935 and the latest understanding of a "generation", it really doesn't matter if there are 800 or 8000 or 80,000 "anointed" on the earth.

Sounds like the brother you talked to is still in "old light" mode.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I suspect there will be a lot more partakers this year.......wonder what the response will be then, would sure point to the end being further away rather than soooooo soooooooon!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Why doesn't Jehovah stop these imposter annointed?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I still suspect that they will eventually just let everybody partake of the "emblems" and figure out some other way to appoint their bishops and cardinals and popes.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "I was only quoting the bible".

And an excellent job you did. Bravo.

Many in the hall were very excited as this Russia Georgia war could be the spark to ignite the GT.

All Gold chains and no brains in this hall sadly.

So many things could have been the spark. Much bigger sparks have happened in the past.
    What will they look to after this passes? Maybe the black man in office in the USA will be
    the next spark. Maybe something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit