"by their fruits"....wouldn't this mean their teachings as well???

by oompa 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.

Oompa,

I would state that incorrect teachings aren't necessarily condemned biblically per se (with the notable exception of the central, essential message of the Gospel of Christ). The loudest cries of condemnation come from the usurpers of authority that claim their own list of doctrines are "the truth" and therefore all other views are "from Satan".

The real issue with the WTS and their changed teachings is the fact that the change itself made it apparent they had no authority to designate their position as a mandatory belief to begin with. And of course this also means they certainly had no authority to convince others that "this is what Jehovah says"...An obvious case of speaking presumptuously a la Deut 18:20. Then to top it off, with this New Light business, when it's apparent that a change of position was necessary, i.e., scripture didn't support their position....the WTS came up with yet ANOTHER COUNTER-position on something that obviously wasn't clear from scripture to begin with. Thus New Light only substitutes one presumptuous act for another.

I'm done with my rambling...

• stumbledbyothers
    stumbledbyothers

for the sake of not meaning to be a little more accurate - at this years District Convention - WTBS got rid of the term "fruits". 7 years ago was the "new light".

Its now fruitage - the greek word was studied a little more. The list of qualities are the "fruitage" of the spirit, all the things thats produced by holy spirit makes it - its fruitage and not its fruits. Sorry just thought I would throw this in.

• Slappy
    Slappy

"Fruitage" huh? Lol...

How about we hold a new convention right now and change it to "fruity"....?

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

This is not the same as teaching things that are totally wrong!

Ooompa,

It is not simply a matter of degree as you claim. They were totally wrong. For example: Is there one rule for Christian Jews to follow and another rule for Gentile Christians to follow? No! And yet peoply like James and thousands more like him were doing exactly that. They even said to the Apostle Paul of all people: Acts 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. One way of worship for Jews and another for Gentiles. This is totally wrong and it took many more years to correct.

Joseph

• bennyk
    bennyk

The Society substitutes their supposed "New Light" not for "Old Light", but "Old Darkness." There is no gradually increasing understanding.

Secondly, and perhaps of greater importance (cf. 1 John 2:21), the Watch Tower Society lies about its "Old Light".

• iceguy
    iceguy

Slappy...maybe change it to "Fruit Loops"?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Or in Spanish, "Frutis Lupis" [froo-tees loo-pees]

• Slappy
    Slappy

Lol, we could, except that that would be an insult to fruit loops, and since I'm still kid enough to like fruit loops, I wouldn't want to do that.

• oompa
    oompa

help me out here....what the hey is the difference between the fruit...or the fruitage produced.............oompa

• Slappy
    Slappy

Well, I just did a quick look-up of "fruitage" and "fruit" on dictionary.com and there isn't much of a difference that I could tell. "Fruitage" was slightly more specific, but I don't see that it matters. I didn't even know fruitage was a word. Just figured somebody had forgot the space and had meant "fruit age". No idea what that is either, but maybe it's when PETA rules the earth or something...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit