"by their fruits"....wouldn't this mean their teachings as well???

by oompa 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

I urge any lurkers, or newbies, or doubter here to read...and study the proclaimers book....and read many old articles in the Watchtower. ANYBODY who can explian to me how we could be sooooo wrong about soooo many things...........you have a willing ear here. Gods Holy Spirit would NOT allow for teaching falsehoods....PERIOD! .......try and find a Biblical example of where Gods chosen people taught a falsehood, and then got new light to change it.....I am talking about during the pre Jewish group, the Jewish...then Christians.......what would be the point???....oompa

• oompa
    oompa

I tried to add this by edit...but it would not take.........

I have asked friends and family....Just how many things do we have to be wrong about before we you realize we don't have a clue?????

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good point OOMPA it is embarrasing to look back and see how much blatant non-sense and false and unrealistic the JW hope is. The thing is as long as you are in and going to the conditioning meetings three times a week, they are constantly re-inforcing their BS.

• boyzone
    boyzone

By their fruits....hmmm, doesn't that scripture directly deal with false prophets?

Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them Matt 7 v 1

Considering the "fruits" of a false prophet is false prophesy, waddya think? Does the WT get the prize?

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

.......try and find a Biblical example of where Gods chosen people taught a falsehood, and then got new light to change it.....

oompa,

I have shown that something like this did happen on this forum many times. Even the Apostles were involved in this kind of activity. But I have also shown how our Lord intervened to correct it. What then does this all mean to us. That we should not only be aware that this happens but it teaches us how we should deal with it in our day. This is not limited to the WT. It involves all of Christianity with their diverse doctrines and practices. The Apostles received new light (WT trade marked) when our Lord appointed Paul as His Apostle instead of Matthias which they chose for Him. Their procedure which seemed Biblical was wrong and this corrected their thinking. There are other such examples as well that took years to correct. We are thus obligated to both determine and to correct our thinking even if it seems to come from such so called authoritative sources. The so called Holy Spirit cannot be blamed for any of this. After all this has not been kept hidden from any of you. The many errors propagated by the WT serves as proof that they do not have what they call "truth" and cannot be trusted. Giving your time, money, and life to them is like following a foolish virgin trying to get into the Kingdom without oil for their lamps.

Joseph

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If we are talking about mistakes and misunderstandings, it is true that even God's people could have made them. Paul mistook Jesus' teachings literally and effectively screwed up the whole meaning (the true Christian message is to think independently and not depend on external authority for guidance). And Paul took the message literally as meaning we need to put aside our fleshly desire.

However, when it's blatant lies and attempts to intentionally alter the message to fit their own purposes, there is no excuse. For instance, when they alter a belief only to change it back (and often several times), there is a major problem. Or, when they intentionally monkey with the Bible itself to back up their doctrines, they are using threat of annihilation to get people to give up their lives and serve the Washtowel Slaveholdery. There is no place for that.

• undercover
    undercover
    I have asked friends and family....Just how many things do we have to be wrong about before we you realize we don't have a clue?????

and what answer did you get?

It makes my head hurt to try to explain anything to a JW. Until they question on their own, they're not going to get it. The best we can hope for is to plant a seed that can sproutt into a doubt later on.

It's the mentality of most JWs that tells me just how much the WTS/JWs are a cult. They're so brainwashed into believing the crap that no matter of reasoning or logical argument is going to shake them awake.

When I started my own research I had to defend it to other JWs. Even when I used WT quotes to back my position, they didn't get it. They had it beat into their heads for so long to not question or doubt that when I read from the WT's own writings that one should research their religion it fell on deaf ears.

• Slappy
    Slappy
    And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed: 2 John 5-10

As for what the "doctrine of Christ" is, most if not all of 1 John covers that. Chapter 5 is very explicit, I'm still curious as to how the JW religion got around this...other than the NWT that is.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, [even] Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5: 1-13
    Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt. 10:16

So then, how do we become wise as serpents?

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Luke 11: 9-10

IMO, things couldn't be spelled out any clearer. Whenever man tries to complicate and massage God's Word to fit man's ideas or standards, it should tell us to stay the Hell away...else Hell could be a possibility.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Really, now ...

Can anyone list of any good fruits that JWs produce?

Do they build hospitals or clinics? No.

Do they give blood? No.

Do they give to charities? No.

Do they feed or clothe the homeless? No.

Do they care for orphans or widows? No.

Do they perform any community services? No.

So, what fruitage do the JWs show? Going door to door to preach their false gospel. That it?

• Slappy
    Slappy

Could you? It says that specifically huh? Also, can you point to one instance to where no bad came of a man having more than one wife? I can't.

Look at what became of Abraham having more than one wife, or Isaac, or David, or Solomon. In each instance, some bad came about as a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit