You know that monster

by John Doe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

that lived/lives under your bed when you were a kid? The one you were afraid was going to grab your feet when you got up? What was his name?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I never had a monster under the bed... but I find your phrasing interesting because when people don't understand the effects growing up as a witness has on a kid I often anser, "You know how when you were a kid and you were afraid of the monster under the bed you would call your dad in and he would reassure you that there was no monster and nothing to be afraid of? My dad told me that my monster was real and was going to kill me at armageddon."

I always get the oddest looks...

Jackie

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The monster under my bed, was my brothers soiled underwear. I always got blamed for it. I tell you mine were clean. It wasn't me. Can't my mother figure out what size belongs to who. No wonder the cat smelt like shit.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Several names were used in my youth for this entity. Imagined or not, the terror me and my friends felt was real enough....

Probably the most common ones in New Mexico were La Llorona http://www.lallorona.com/La_index.html or http://www.lallorona.com/1legend.html

And The Coco Man or the Cucuy

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

My uncles liked to tell us about the "boogey man" in the closets upstairs in my grandparents' house which were all connected by a crawl space. His name was Leo.

Jackie

• quietlyleaving
  • Warlock
    Warlock

That monster wasn't imaginary and did not live under my bed.

That monster was my step-father and he was very much alive.

May he roast forever in hell.

Warlock

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The boogey man.

• DJK
    DJK

My monster wasn't under the bed. It was everywhere and I couldn't see it. I would wake up at night and hear it's footsteps gradually getting louder, faster and closer. It would eventually stop and I don't know why.

After a few years of that I realized it was just my heartbeat competing with the fear created by my own imagination.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i hear you, warlock

that monster was an abusive alcoholic mother

thanks for the memories, liz Emoticons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit