What About JWD Has Been Special To You???

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Without this place I woulda never become friends with Loubelle. She is the most adorable soul. And hella cute too! I am also grateful for Hope4others, V, Flipper, and all of you. I have come to appreciate the whole gang!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Browsing stories of others who lived as I did so many years ago...hoping one small comment, or word I posted would cause another to start thinking outside the box...reconnecting with Terry an old friend from the day of active jwism...the hope I would find others from days gone by...it's all been good...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

posting here and reading all the experiences of the other posters was very cathartic. Fooling around, being silly, joking, it has been a lot of fun. Thanks, everyone.

• rocketman
    rocketman

This board was quite instrumental at the time (late 90s, early 00s) when I was really beginning to question things inside the Borg. I was still an elder when I came across this place. Now I'm over 5 years removed from my last meeting at a KH. .............I haven't been hanging here much in recent years (didn't even post last year) but that's because the board had already provided me with what I needed. ..............The highlight was my first (and only to date) Apostofest 3 years ago. Also, coming across some folks who to this day remain good online friends. ..............I do miss those heady early days. The board was more controversial, with big breaking stories like the UN scandal, etc. The chat room was lively, and I was making new friends. The board is still OK, but I miss those earlier days.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It got me the courage to do my first meet up with other x JW's

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Getting to learn things that are coming in the witless religion earlier as an apostate than people that are in there do as hounders.

• hot mama
    hot mama

JWD has helped me realise that my feelings and doubts that I've had all these years were real and that others felt the same way, that I'm normal, not bad person. The main thing though is that I've made several new friends. That is the most important thing to me.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

It has been a great place to meet new friends, joke around to what only a few of us can now laugh about. I have learned a lot of stuff that only proved to me how crazy the ORG really is, I feel more sympathy for those still in. Apostafests were great, meeting people in person putting a face and smile to all the words. Probably most important finding out there are a lot of people just like me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit