H2O remains an option

by Marvin Shilmer 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Many of old timers here migrated from a web forum known as H2O. When that site had to close down the concerns recently raised here were raised then, by the old H2O group. JWD was to a large extent the beneficiary of that group's migration. Simon and company did a nice job adapting to the change in climate these participants brought. I believe that was probably the first notable social shift experienced at JWD. An old time participant (now deceased) by the name of "Friend" was chiefly responsible for ushering H2O members here, to JWD. Since then many have occured.

Since then (about 2000 or 2001 I think) H2O has been kept alive through various online hosting services (barely at times!), but significantly reduced as a meeting place for any serious networking and/or discussion. Despite all this, the site remains active and is possibly an option members here could utilize. The web address is http://h2o.aimoo.com/International-Open-Forum-for-J-1-5711.

Marvin Shilmer

• james_woods
    james_woods

But is it Gay Friendly? Does it befriend all left-wing political leanings and put down Neo-Cons?

Many questions must be answered.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I just signed on this am and see the JWO banner here with Simon's avatar.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Perhaps the Phoenix has both an Avatar and an ID?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are the early days of H20 archived anywhere?

That's an ominous sign if it is in fact lost. Despite claims this site will be stored, I think it will get lost too.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, so did the early writings of the Apostles.

Not to say anything much, but the Jews - the Greeks - the Arabs - the Latins - all still can show the early writings.

But not the early Christians, or the German Huns and Vandals. We were good at word of mouth, and a few other things.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Meh. Slim pickin's, unless we import fluff (City of Lights) and controversy (H2O Underground) by the long ton.

GentlyFeral

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just want to know where OBVES and Hillary Step go, and where Minimus keeps
    asking questions. I need my regular Biblical Math, slap in the face instead of
    support, and inquisition.

Just kidding, guys. Don't get your panties in an uproar. (What does that mean, anyway?)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

OnTheWayOut,

I just want to know where OBVES and Hillary Step go, and where Minimus keeps asking questions. I need my regular Biblical Math, slap in the face instead of support, and inquisition.

Not sure about the other two. Obves is quite mad and will probably kayak his way to Valhalla where he will establish a munitions factory and Minimus is so rich that he could buy every question on the planet and still have cash left over for a Chocolate Mondae.

As for me, well I am well past my WTS expereinces and little if anything left to say about the matter, so I will not be posting on any XJW boards again.

Enjoy me while you have me, in a non-gay-way of course.

HS

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, I do hope you will continue on another board. Seriously, you are one of the most interesting posters here! (Of course, you got away with a lotta stuff on your friend's site and the rules were changed for you)...That being said, it was worth it! I will choke you with a rope (chain) if I don't see you around. Note to anyone important: This too is a joke and I'm not really threatening old Hill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit