Yes I am a real person

by BonaFide 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks for many posts to my situation. Yes I am a real person, and if you want to PM me and ask details, I would be happy to give any details you want. It is a little disconcerting to read how some doubt I am telling the truth, this is a tough time for me, but I still respect that you need some proof. I could give my name, but would that help? What information would confirm my story? You tell me. I was in Bethel several times while I was a missionary. Is there any way to ask me some questions about that? I lived in 119 Columbia Heights, that brown weird looking building with no front entrance, and the Bossert. My photo is in the 1990 Yearbook, does that help? Anyway, anyone can PM me and then call me. My minutes are low so only weekends please.

Yes, I was a C.O., and I served on a ton of committees, even special ones, but I get confused because they are saying they have two witnesses, but one is the sister that is accusing me and the elders are saying that the other one is a person I supposedly confessed to. That is why I need help on figuring out what they could do to me. I have the elders manual, but on page 118 it says two witnesses for a judicial committee.

Since those of you that have been elders have seen how we "stretch" the rules and even lie, which I have done to kick people out that I thought were really bad, that is why i am unsure as to what I could possibly do to stop me getting kicked out.

I have been on committees where we have a couple accused of misconduct and we used to dismiss one for one hour outside and then call in the other one alone, then dismiss that person for an hour and call in the other person and say, "Hey, your friend confessed to a bunch of sins, so why don't you confess?"

Is it true this forum is closing? That is pretty bad because at first glance it seems like a pro-Jehovah's Witness website. I came on here that way, and when I started to read......wow.

So any good website I think cannot have the name Ex-JW.com, so many Witnesses will reject it. I know I would have.

Thanks for help everyone, I feel better each day, I talked to my brother who was disfellowshipped years ago, and I apologized to him again about shunning him. He just laughed and said its ok. I feel like a dog.

OK, I'm out for now.

BF

• *summer*
    *summer*

"this is a tough time for me, but I still respect that you need some proof"

i personally did not read your story. but all i can say is...it is a forum. and you do NOT have to give proof or justify yourself to anybody.

no matter what you say...some will never believe you, some will give you the benefit of the doubt, and some will believe you.

it is only refreshing to read that you are feeling better each day. keep moving in the right direction. and all the best to you~

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have to use your CO training to say this:

You guys clearly don't have two credible witnesses, just my word against one witness.
    If you won't drop the matter, then I will have to appeal it. Since you are out to get me,
    I will have to contact a lawyer and get some help on this matter.

So if you are going to proceed without your two credible witnesses, let me know so I
    can retain legal counsel and start following their advice against this slander.

WHAT DOES WTS SAY TO DO WHEN LEGAL ACTION IS THREATENED?

I drafted a personalized letter similar to this one for an eventual JC: http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I believe you. I know how a person can pour their heart and soul into the bOrg, just to have it all trashed and find yourself stabbed in the back.

Unfortunately, I don't know what advice to give you in facing the kangaroo court (no offense intended to our Aussie friends). I always tried to be fair, but I know how others were able to "stack the deck" in judicial proceedings. As regulations got tightened on petting and even just touching, it is all beyond absurd now. For those that really understand the 'rules', it's like, "well, I accidently touched her hoo-haa, so we decided to go all the way since it's all judicial anyway."

I wish I could be of more real help to your real problem. Otherwise, my advice would be to tell them all, "see you in hell".

B the X

• penny2
    penny2

It's OK, BF. Enough of us believe you are a real person, you don't have to justify yourself. Glad the board has been of help to you. Hopefully you are getting a new outlook on life (and looking forward to exploring new paths).

penny

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I have been on committees where we have a couple accused of misconduct and we used to dismiss one for one hour outside and then call in the other one alone, then dismiss that person for an hour and call in the other person and say, "Hey, your friend confessed to a bunch of sins, so why don't you confess?"

An hour, you left people hanging for an hour. That is so incredibly cruel.

I know it's true though, it happen to me. I sat in the KH for an hour or more while they discussed my fate. I took a couple of xanex and fell asleep.

I was so alone.

lisa

• *summer*
    *summer*
    I sat in the KH for an hour or more while they discussed my fate. I took a couple of xanex and fell asleep.

Sad

I was so alone.

Even sadder

• JK666
    JK666

Yes, I have been in the "delivery room" on more than one occasion.

It is weird, you have the entire run of the Hall, except the secret chamber that they are in, deciding your fate.

I once went up on stage, pretending that I was giving a talk to kill time. What else is there to do?

BonaFide, I know this hurts a bunch right now. You really can get past this. My best wishes are with you!

JK

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

BF,

OTWO has great advice. You know the rules, use them to your advantage. According to page 119 of the Flock book, "Accusers should be willing to assume their responsibility as was required in Israel". So, you get to hear the specific accusations. Same page, you can present witnesses yourself. That person you spoke with on the phone, she can act as a witness for you. Also, you may want to remind the BOE that you believe this other person is committing the sin of "bearing false witness" and "slander" and the BOE should take action against that person if you are found not guilty.

The problem I see is that they could probably ask enough people enough leading quesitons to get you on the ever popular "loose conduct". You know how broad that category is and there's probably not a human alive that hasn't done something that fits into the JW loose conduct definition.

Maintain your innocence and make notes of any breach in procedure. You'll need that for your appeal since these guys are obviously out to get you. Do not admit to anything. It will be used against you.

Can I ask why these guys are going after you so hot & heavy? Do you have friends on the service desk,DOs, COs that can help you out?

I understand you don't want to get df'ed because you don't want to lose contact with your family. But, remember, even if you fight this one back, those elders will be gunning for you. I would suggest you move (if possible) as far away as you can and start over.

I think your story shows how the cult will kill its wounded to make an example of what will happen to anyone that falls out of line. Do you still think the WTS is "Gods channel"? I'm guessing this episode really showed you it isn't.

I wish the best to you. PM me if you like. I'm really sorry you're having to deal with this BS.

• iloowy
    iloowy

Hey JK. If they left the hall up to you why you could have brought with you some superglue for locks. Or just stick a staple inside the lock drum. Hmmmm. They should've known not to let you wait so longgggggg.

--ILOOWY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit