by Trevor Scott 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Dungbeetle...of teh chizzling class!!!

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Dino,

Getting stuff at the UN is like pulling teeth. It took 15 phone calls but I finally found the contact person and received a response. Thus, my friend as of today I have a special message for you that I received as an Email:

Please note the following Email message which I received at 11:50 est this morning:

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message of today.

A copy of the requested article will be sent to you next week at the postal address you indicated in your message.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions.

With best regards,
    Alexandre Girard
    Associate Project Officer
    Activities and Programmes Branch
    OHCHR

-------------------------------------------------------------

The above message was in response to the following Email I sent today:

November 30, 2001

OHCHR-UNOG
    8-14 Avenue de la Paix
    1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
    Telephone Number (41-22) 917-9000

Attention Ms. Suzanne Rodin, Librarian

Dear Ms. Rodin,

Regarding: Request for An Article from the Worldwide Collection of UDHR Materials

My name is xxxxxxxxxxx, I am a Canadian and I am conducting research into documents at your Switzerland location. A lady by the name of Amina at your liaison office (212-963-5931) in New York suggested I should contact you for my request.

I am attempting to locate a copy of an actual document in your collection that makes up part of the "Worldwide Collection of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Materials" ( http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/index.htm) .

In the "article index" ( http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm) I observed the following article:

TITLE
    A "Long Job Finished"

SOURCE
    Awake; 22 November 1998; p. 3-5; Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc., 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483, USA.

ANNOTATIONS/ COMMENTS
    Commemoration of the signing of the UDHR and the role of Eleanor Roosevelt

The document appears to be 3 pages in length. The document is not in any UN library including the UN's main library. I am aware I can get a copy of this document from the publisher but I am more interested in your copy for my research.

I am in the process of conducting research into this issue and this specific document. I am interested in the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights copy of this article and any letter/memorandum received by the Commissioner from the author and/or the source.

How do I go about getting a copy of this article from your organization and any accompanying letter that your organization received from the author/source?

I attempted to contact your organization a few days ago through the public Email system but no one responded to my request.

I look forward to your response. Cost for your search is not a problem

Yours truly,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxx ext. xxxx
    facsimile xxxxxxxxxxxx

So hold on for a few weeks my friend.

hawk

p.s. Hey did you hear that??? Didn't you hear that?? That was members of the Governing Body who felt like they got kicked in the stones!!!

WE'RE ROLLING!!!!

• Dino
    Dino

Thanks Hawk,

Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit