As if we needed more proof!

by Trevor Scott 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

I wanted to move this awesome find by Dino over here where it will remain on the front page for a while:

Hi all! Check out the second entry under what was submitted for the UN's approval.I hope this works!

< http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm
    Look at the second entry!!

HMMMM.

Dino

Original post, here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16337&site=3

This is an absolutely amazing find that I will be linking to from my site: http://www.geocities.com/watchtowersociety/beast.htm

(Thanks Dino!)

TS,

• Dino
    Dino

Thank YOU, Trevor.

Whatever happened to "meat in due season" from the "faithful and discreet slave".

Dino

• sf
  • Dino
    Dino

sKally!! Another excellent link. If you go to the The New Republic's discussion board you will see how those guys view the UN's "Human Rights declaration". The UN wants to supersede the Constitution of the US here stateside ultimately. You go girl!

Dino

• sf
  • sf
    sf

A lil' tiddy:

There's something happenin' 'round here,

What "It" is ain't exactly clear.

There's a man with a gun over there,

tellin' me I've got to beware.

It's time we STOP, LOOK, what's that sound?

Everybody look what's goin' Down.

Sincerely, sKally

wcrestnpeace

• sf
    sf

wHoly Krap:

< http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/8/article_03.htm

The Problems of Children
    THE SOLUTION AT LAST!

In this series:

An Ongoing Search for Solutions

Children Deserve to Be Wanted and Loved

The Solution at Last!

Help for Young People
    Rights of the Child

Related topics:

The Tragedy of Youthful Deaths

Help Your Children to Thrive
    The Solution at Last!
    IMAGINE a world in which every child is truly wanted, is truly loved, and is blessed with caring, loving parents who have a sincere desire to provide the best possible guidance and direction for their child. Imagine a world where every child is both physically and mentally sound, where street children are nowhere to be found, and where children are no longer robbed of childhood by the economic need to work!

Desirable? Of course. Believable? Jehovah's Witnesses think so, and this for two reasons.

Parents Can Provide Part of the Solution
    You will no doubt agree that grown-ups do have the power to solve—at times even to prevent—some of the problems of children. Of course, this is provided that they, the adults, are willing to do so. Yes, parents themselves hold one of the keys to the problem.

For example, grown-ups who are able to follow the Bible counsel that "a wife should not depart from her husband . . . and a husband should not leave his wife" do not have children who suffer because of living in a home broken by separation or divorce.—1 Corinthians 7:10, 11.

Grown-ups who are willing to follow the Bible counsel to "walk decently, not in revelries and drunken bouts," do not have children who suffer the distress that goes along with having drunken or drug-addicted parents.—Romans 13:13; Ephesians 5:18.

Grown-ups who are willing to follow the Bible counsel to "abstain from fornication" help reduce the risk of their children growing up unwanted, possibly in a one-parent family.—1 Thessalonians 4:3; Matthew 19:9.

Grown-ups who are willing to follow the Bible counsel, "Do not be exasperating your children, so that they do not become downhearted," and who "love their children" will not have children who experience the physical or mental pain of abuse in any of its various forms.—Colossians 3:21; Titus 2:4.

In summary, if all grown-ups were willing to follow the Bible counsel given by Jesus, "All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them," would there be millions of unwanted and unloved children?—Matthew 7:12.

Happily, there are many grown-ups who are willing to do all the above. But, sad to say, not all are, and therein lies the problem. And even those who are willing find that their efforts are often frustrated by human imperfection and things beyond their power to control. Humans can provide part of the solution to the problems of children, but they are clearly incapable of providing the complete solution.

A Divine Government to Provide the Complete Solution
    The writer John Ruskin, mentioned in the preceding article, strongly believed that "the first duty of a State is to see that every child born therein shall be well housed, clothed, fed, and educated, till it attain years of discretion." Ruskin admitted, however, that "in order to [effect] this the Government must have an authority over the people of which we now do not so much as dream."

Only a government with divine backing could have the benign authority about which Ruskin spoke. And just such a government has been promised—the one that Jesus mentioned at Matthew 6:9, 10. Once this government of God's making has taken total control of earth's affairs, it will exercise its authority over all peoples—housing, clothing, feeding, and educating all its subjects, including children. (Isaiah 65:17-25) But this perfect government will do even more.

Under God's Kingdom humans will be enabled to rear children in a balanced way. (Job 33:24-26) Young folks will be raised in the spirit of peace and universal brotherhood, the ideal set forth in the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child. (Psalm 46:8, 9) Never again will there be the need for an International Year of the Child or for a Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Restoring perfect health to parents and to disabled children will be a simple task for Christ Jesus, the King of this heavenly government. The miracles of healing that he performed while he was on the earth are a guarantee. (Luke 6:17-19; John 5:3-9; 9:1-7) Even resurrecting dead children and dead parents will not be beyond his power to accomplish!—Matthew 9:18-25.

What a joy to know that the time for God to act in behalf of earth's children is near!

Appeared in Awake! December 8, 2000

Home | Beliefs | Future | Medical | Topics | Contact Us | Publications | Languages | Search | Index

Copyright © 2001 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have made a formal inquiry via phone call and Email as to get the actual document from the "Worldwide Collection of UDHR materials" with any accompanying letters submitted by the Watchtower or DPI to the Commissioners office in Switzerland.

Remember that if anyone asks you. The document is located in the "Worldwide Collection of UDHR materials".

UDHR = Universal Declaration of Human Rights

hawk

• sf
    sf

Just wanted this paragraph to be seen in the limeLIGHT; as opposed to the new light:

"Under God's Kingdom humans will be enabled to rear children in a balanced way. (Job 33:24-26) Young folks will be raised in the spirit of peace and universal brotherhood, the ideal set forth in the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child. (Psalm 46:8, 9) Never again will there be the need for an International Year of the Child or for a Convention on the Rights of the Child."

If I wasn't reading it straight from wt.org, I wouldn't believe it. This is just too much. I don't see us busting through the u.n.walls anytime soon people. Chizzling thru the WATCHTOWER WALLS is one thing...

sKally, not giving up klass

wcrestnpeace

• avengers
    avengers

As long as we have chizzles we will keep chizzling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit