Looking for examples of Witnesses physically harmed during field service

by Indian Larry 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• whathappened
    whathappened
    There was a sister that was killed in a car accident on the way home from a quick build. That was about 15 years ago and there is probably nothing about it on the internet.
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    I know of a elderly pioneer woman who died in a car accident on the way to Service
  • Giordano
    Giordano

http://www.knocking.org/religiouspersecutionreport.html

Very serious persecution in a number of foreign countries.

• blondie
    blondie

I had a revolver pointed at me at a house where I had talked with his wife and she had invited me back. It had nothing to do with being a jw but he was concerned I was with the police. I assured him I was only there to share some bible verses with his wife which she confirmed. He apologized and got in his truck and left. I found out that area had a group of people who were anti-government.

I had a flock of geese trap me on the porch. My carmates chased them off and we left.

My husband went with a brother on an established rv...as he walked up this brother assured him that the dog was friendly. As my husband walked in the yard, the very large dog came flying across the yard and bit down on his arm. Luckily he had on a thick coat. The man came out and said that's new dog....

We have been in neighborhoods with drug deals going on and people carrying guns but for the most part they recognized we were there to talk about the bible.

We always used caution. Those types of crimes can happen anywhere, anytime.

I never subscribed to the concept of individual protection from God. If jws read what the WTS has said in print they would not find it; ideas like that come from jws who stretch a personal idea.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w08 10/15 p. 31 par. 11 Highlights From the Letters to Titus, to Philemon, and to the Hebrews ***

Furthermore, Satan’s earthly agents have persecuted servants of God to the point of death, even as they did Jesus. But that does not mean that Satan has limitless power to kill anyone he wants. If that were so, he would no doubt have wiped out Jehovah’s worshippers long ago. Jehovah protects his people as a group and does not allow Satan to exterminate them. Even if God permits some of us to die under Satan’s attacks, we can be confident that God will undo whatever harm is brought upon us.

*** w03 8/15 p. 23 par. 18 What Does Jehovah Expect of Us? ***

As we walk with God, he delivers us from Satan’s world, guides us by means of his Word and his organization, and protects us as a group when we are under attack by opposers.

*** w02 12/15 p. 15 par. 10 “He Will Draw Close to You” ***

How, though, does Jehovah guard his people? His promise of protection does not guarantee us a problem-free life in this system; nor does it mean that he is obligated to work miracles in our behalf. Nevertheless, Jehovah does provide physical protection for his people as a group. After all, he would never allow the Devil to efface true worshipers from the earth! (2 Peter 2:9

*** w75 6/15 p. 377 par. 10 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***

Should we expect, moreover, that because Jehovah is on our side he will miraculously intervene to protect each one of us personally from death or injury during the “great tribulation”? Both Psalm 91:7-12 and Proverbs 3:25, 26 have been mistakenly cited by some as supporting this view. The psalm says: “A thousand will fall at your very side and ten thousand at your right hand; to you it will not come near.” Lest we read into this text more than it states, we must ask ourselves if Moses is here talking about the coming “great tribulation” and is declaring a blanket protection for individual servants of God then. This would hardly be so when we remember that centuries later Paul showed that up to his time the devoted followers of Jehovah had undergone mockings, scourgings, prisons, tribulations and many other persecutions, even violent death. However, we can be assured that, as a group, Jehovah will protect them from being exterminated by their enemies during the “great tribulation,” and He, himself, will not touch them during his executing of adverse judgments.—Heb. 11:36-38.

• talesin
    talesin

I can relate two incidents that I know about personally. They were not exactly what you are asking for in the topic heading, but may be relevant.

After I left, so I would say around 1980, there was a sister (Minnie C. a lovely and kind woman) who was attacked and severely injured by a Newfoundland dog. Now, anyone who knows the breed, also knows that they are 'as gentle as a lamb'. My parents lived in a suburban/rural area, so this was a country property, with a long 'drive' and walkway. The dog jumped her, and she suffered a broken hip, and I think arm, and bites.

Around 1980 or so, one of the younger kids I grew up with, Joey MacD (in case you're out there, Joey! I never forgot this, and hope you have had a good life. xo), got engaged to a younger girl from a different circuit. They were on their way to a convention, and the car skidded on a curve (there had been recent road repairs, and a bit of gravel on the highway), and she was thrown away and died instantly of a head injury. It was so sad, and at the time I was already long gone, but was overwhelming to think of the loss to the families involved.

No, Jah does not protect his 'sheep'. It's such an illusion. *sigh*

tal :sunglasses:

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

blondie: "I had a flock of geese trap me on the porch. My carmates chased them off and we left."

Killer geese, heh?

Image result for killer geeseImage result for killer geese

• talesin
    talesin

omlg, Blondie! I can so relate to Integ's experience. A bit different - had the householder sic his dog on us. Yup. We knocked on the door, and he answered. When he found out we were JWs, he told us to leave. The 'brother' asked that he keep his (snarly Akita-looking dog) inside till we got down the walkway. He then opened the door and let said dog out. I had to hold my briefcase between me and the dog ..... it scared the living daylights out of me - I was only 12 or 13 YO. :'(

Also, my friend's mother had a guy say this to her "I have a shogun in the closet, and if you people come back to my door, I'm gonna use it." *shivers*

tal :sunglasses:

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006
    As a teen door knocker, I had naked men come to the door, vicious dogs chase me and a mean llama that trapped us until we gave it chewing gum. No wonder many of us have PTSD when we leave...all the crap we did blindly obeying delusional men.
  • hoser
    hoser

No wonder many of us have PTSD when we leave...all the crap we did blindly obeying delusional men.

pretty much sums me up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit