Is The UK Goin' Bananas?

by Englishman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Whats a-goin' on here?

I've never seen so many UK posters climbing aboard the 'Postasy Express. Is there a general tightening up occuring? Is the old British tendency towards anarchy being reflected in a refusal to bow down to the edicts of the WTBTS?

Whatever the cause, it's great to see! Welcome to JW-discussion. Recommend a friend!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• ballistic
    ballistic

Must be all those articles I get published in the Awake magazine. It's working!

• TR
    TR

DAMN, I love the UK!

Music, comedy, people leaving the WTS. Smart bunch you brits are!

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

E'Man,

Have the local telephone charges reduced lately? When I was in Europe my telephone bill was commonly 400-600 pounds each month ($600-900) due to internet usage. Stateside I pay $35 per month for cable, and should I modem dial, it is free.

I suspect as prices fall more European posters will log on.

Best regards -- HS

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Someone mentioned British bananas?? Count me in!

Dana

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
    Closing Time, Semisonic

• KenUK
    KenUK

H'S

I use British Telecom as my ISP here in the UK for £15 ($22?)a month which includes free unlimited telephone access. Back in @1995 when I first discovered the 'net I was paying about £150 a month!

Progress I think its called:-)

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, it's come down a lot although the call charges are still high (for voice)

Broadband is slow coming and BT have dragged their feet rolling out ADSL (because it hit their high prices ISDN service)

I've finally got Cable access at 512k which costs £24.99 per month.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Simon,

No cable anything here in WSM, so everything is rammed down a teeny weeny phone line at 56k which costs me £14.99 per month, unlimited access.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• ISP
    ISP

Still waiting for NTL here!

ISP

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I think English people have been let down by a lot of their long-cherished establishments in general...

Take the English Cricket team..........(please!!!!)

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit