Regarding Simon's Announcement

by AK - Jeff 33 Replies latest forum announcements

• kzjw
    kzjw

UBM + Unbelieving Mate -- the only stupid question is the one never asked

• lawrence
    lawrence

Simon and Angharad-

I am truly saddened by your announcement. Thanks for the great site you provided. It sucks that thugs would threaten. May all go well with you and your family!

• Mr Anderson
    Mr Anderson

Hi I would like to recommend this web site as a possible alternative for when this site closes. All will be welcome. http://shelter.jwreform.org It is free and JWs and xJWs as well as other faiths are 100% welcome. Its target audience are JWs and XJW primarily but as Jesus wasn't exclusive so nor is this site. Hope to see some of you there. Let Gods will be done and let God provide comfort for Simon and all here during this difficult time wherever the spirit leads us.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    There will be other boards and some will likely come and go but eventually there will be another JWD that will grow to replace this one and will become established as THE place to go!

I sure hope that another JWD will arise, but there's something unique about this place that will be difficult or perhaps impossible to duplicate.

One of the things that makes JWD unique is the "Active Topics" link. I have visited several other forums that are being mentioned as possible heirs to the JWD legacy but none of them have this feature. Sure, you can go into the individual discussion areas and the topics are arranged by the most recently posted-to, but none of them have the 'balcony-view' way of viewing active topics that this forum does. This feature allows newcomers (and old-timers!) to see what is happening on the board with a minimal amount of clicking and searching. I wouldn't underestimate how much this feature may have contributed to the success of JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit