"College Just Wasn't For Her"...my a$$

by Freedom2003 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

High school is supposed to be for getting a person ready for college. Why bother to go to hs if you're not going to college?

My hs degree was absolutely worthless until I used it to get into college.

One degree will get you into a higher degree seeking program.

• chickpea
    chickpea

one could almost applaud selfless choices
    if they actually were made in order to achieve
    something of merit.....

if i had a kid say.... i want to go help build wells
    in west africa, i would be all about that!!!

but to say>>>> i wont be doing anything else
    with my life but supporting the distribution of
    literature for a cult..... well that is just plain wrong!!!

i predict a sad awakening

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So the bORG has another full time slave who settled for pioneering instead of a career. Next she will settle for a dumbed down guy who is a janitor and then she will have kids who will settle for a limited life in the bORG and on and on and on. This stuff so pisses me off I wish it would stop.

LD

• Freedom2003
    Freedom2003

And the teeny, tiny range of choice she actually has in the organization when it comes to choosing a husband. Their world is so limited and small compared to the real world. Yes, you can be sure she'll marry some uneducated baffoon.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I know with me I was never encouraged to go to college (I go to community college right now, lol! Shut ups, it's somthing. I'll transfer out soon enough) and my teachers were alwasy encouraging me to try; it really sucked. I had no idea what to even do about college, everybody was in my ear saying how bad it is, and I just gave up on thinking about a future. Armageddon is coming and I wont make it, or I'm not smart enough type crap so I really stop trying in school. But for me, 'stop trying' just meant I got all Bs (and one or two C's). It's really sad when folks do not encouraged people to 'grow' you know? college just may not be for everybody but... I can tell you that just from going to community college it is what you make out of it. You can screw up and you'll still be there years later but if you have a plan than it can be actually quite good; instead of wasting thousands going to a university just to take prerequisites, you can do that crap at a community college where (yes they do treat you like a freshman..in middle school!) but you get that crap out of the way and move onto better stuff.

I hope she one day changes your mind and I'm sorry you are so down about this. You never know...send her some emails about some good universities where he can go 'part-time'. part-time does not seem so threatening and lts her believe she's in control. then Satan can take over and guide her mind aright

• dogon
    dogon

The problem is that as soon as some poor fool figures out that the society is full of shit, there are 2 more 18 YOs going into the pioneer scam.

I think that the society should be sued and sued untill it hurts. Hit them in the pocket book,$ is the only thing they understand or seem to really care about.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

this should be a crime

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yeah, my a$$ too.

I hated hearing stories like this and I always wondered if the persons involved would ever regret what they said - like when they hit 40 and they can't pay their bills.

I hope this person wakes up while she is still young enough to rectify her error.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit