"College Just Wasn't For Her"...my a$$

by Freedom2003 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Freedom2003
    Freedom2003

So, I ran into my older brother at the store yesterday. We haven't spoke in five years except at my Grandmother's funeral in 2006. ( My husband and I were df'd almost five years ago........APOSTASY!! Yes, we are the WORST OF THE WORST!!!) The last time I spoke to my elder (and Elder) brother, he was telling me how my neice was working so hard to graduate 1st in her highschool class. Of course since I'm "worldly" now, I'm all about her getting a full ride at Baylor University. He seemed apprehensive about college. I, of course knew why, as do all of you........

She did graduate #1 in her class after really busting her ass.

Fast forward two years: I never heard if she went to Baylor, but asked my brother when I saw him at the store. He said, "She just passed on the Baylor scholorship completely and went to a community college for a semester, then decided college just wasn't for her."

So, she's not going to college AT ALL! She also didn't use a $20,000.00 schlorship given to her by the cement plant my brother works at. (He graduated in 1982, and also didn't get the opportunity to go to college, thus the cement plant.) My brother is telling me all this in a very proud and noble way, like it was such a GREAT sacrifice for Jehovah! Guess what she's doing???? Anyone?? Any guesses?? Come on, one guess is all you need!!!! Yeah, she's regular pioneering with her Mother and younger sister. <and this is where I throw up in my mouth just a little> I didn't really know what to say to my ignorant, deluded brother. Poor bastard, he's still waiting for the end and was making sure I knew "things aren't going to get any better." No shit things aren't going to get any better, that's why you need a friggin education FOR FREE, if you can get it.

My heart goes out to my poor neices and nephews. What a waste of a short life. I'm sure the highlight of my neices summer will be having a part on the District Convention this Friday where she can tell everyone what she gave up to serve Jehovah full time. <small puke again, sorry>

Love to all of you. I know I probably posted with some of you back in 2003. I can't remember the name of the site we posted on. It was closed down, but I really needed support from people who understood my situation at the time. I remember SKIZ, but that's it. Heck, I can't even remember who I was. I have a good memory, it's just short. And I just love these dang smiley faces.

Kelley Q

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, I have nieces and nephews in that BS also... they all had great grades and were planning on attending trade colleges... crap

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Oh man, I feel so badly for that poor girl! She is too smart to waste her life away this way! I hope she gets a 2nd chance at college - she needs to get away from her family!

Do you get to talk to your nieces and nephews? I'm guessing they have to shun you too... I'm sorry ... just thought maybe you could be a positive influence in their lives...

Rachel

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

So sad. I would imagine if she's as intelligent and hard working as she sounds it was COMMUNITY college that wasn't right for her. No offense to anyone going/thinking of going to one. I speak from experience since I myself gave up going to college many years ago and had to start with community college and was surrounded by kids that didn't really want to be there, were busy with the party life, reeked of cigarette smoke, etc. etc. And a lot of the instructors just gave out the answers to exams and taught at a remedial level. If any of this happened to her, than of course "college wasn't for her" - to her it was just a bunch of worldly kids going through school for a job in this dying system.

I do not doubt that soon she will regret giving up that scholarship.

• Freedom2003
    Freedom2003

She's not allowed to talk to me so I do not have an oppotunity to help her. I can't fix this, but I did want to post this experience for any JW's that are struggling with a decision to stay or get out. Women in the JW organization are so oppressed and they don't even know it.

• yknot
    yknot

Baylor....oh my head is spinning.....

I know a girl similarly........passed on UT @ Austin.

(I am mentally smacking the GB heads against the boardroom table)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's like looking in my own rearview mirror. What a waste of a great opportunity. What a waste of time and a waste of youth. What will she do when the big A doesn't come in the next two years?

I was deceived with false promises. I hate the bOrg.

B the X

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

How sad. How unfortunate. How pathetic. How wrong.

• tak
    tak

That is so sad to see how the society can manipulate people for their own purposes. Man, I am lost for words on that one.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's nuts.

They can't help it, though.

They are enamored through their association with mother and believe their god is talking through the prophets in New York.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit