Looks Like I Might Be Here a While...

by Darklighter 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

I need this site to help work through this phase of my life...

So I got me a rockin' avatar and put my age in. Hopefully soon I'm going to post pictures of my smiling face cuz I'll be OUT of the ORG! (Or at least at the point where I don't care if anyone catches me. LOL

Anyway... I'm Darklighter and I'm an apostate.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Welcome, Darklighter.

I had been essentially 'out' for 13 years when I first found this site. Just joining was terrifying. Eventually I posted my real name on a thread - and it was liberating.

When you are ready, you'll do it too.

Congrats on your personal growth.

-Aude. Denise.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi, welcome to JWD

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Darklighter, it's great to have you dude ! Welcome to the " real light " of the apostate world ! We'll be here for ya bud ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Darklighter,

You joined even before I had my epiphanic apostate awakening moment....

Put your pic out, and get with the apostate program.... Freedom rocks!!!!!!!

Take as much time as you need... but I recommend not wasting any more time in fear of the org.

A@G

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome, fellow apostate! I got the boot 20 years ago, so there's no harm in using my real name now. Hope to hear your story and see your smiling face in a photograph real soon.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well Darklighter, getcha a comfy chair, kick off yer shoes, and get a cold drink. We're glad to have ya.

B the X

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to putting my real name out there too..

Darklighter,
    You joined even before I had my epiphanic apostate awakening moment....
    Put your pic out, and get with the apostate program.... Freedom rocks!!!!!!!
    Take as much time as you need... but I recommend not wasting any more time in fear of the org.
    A@G

Yeah, I noticed that too. Haha. I started having serious doubts in May of '07, I decided I was an atheist 10 months ago. It took me a while to get here and then see the benefit of this site, because I didn't really feel the need to investigate the JWs at first. But then I found the treasure trove of dumba$$ stuff they've done... and I realized there just might be a chance to get my wife out too...

I'm taking it slow. But each day that passes, the more research I do, the more sure I am in my convictions, and I get a little bolder. Believe me I'm not the type that can keep going to meetings forever even though I've mentally de-converted. I'm going to make my first real attempt to plant a seed in my wifes brain this weekend.

You'll see my face soon.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Stick around all you need to. The need may or may not go away one day.

Either way, you are among friends. (Well, don't lend us money- but friends)

• Evidently
    Evidently

Welcome to the Dark Side......we got milk and cookies!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit