Gag alert! Latest email from devout JW Mom

by bud2114 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bud2114
    bud2114

My mother knows I have lots of issues with the org. yet she still forwards me this crap as "encouragement". I love my mother, but I wish I could get through to her that JW's aren't any more special to God than anyone else. Has anyone else seen this? I am looking for comments before I respond to her.

Subject: Priceless

Illustration: You Are Priceless

You are a very special person. Just think about it, Jehovah could have chosen anyone he wanted to serve Him and He could probably choose individuals that are very self-disciplined, in good health, all types of wonderful qualifications that would make most of us look bad in comparison. BUT He reads HEARTS. Out of all the people on this planet, for some reason He chose you and me. So, compared to world leaders and movie stars and other famous, accomplished people (by this system's standards), we are even more special! They can't even understand the basic Bible truths, but look at you and me! Think of what we can tell those people about His Word the Bible that they just can't seem to understand.

In Jehovah's eyes we are very, very special. OK, so maybe you are reaping what you sowed earlier in life. Remember, even though David was forgiven of his sins, his family still suffered because of his disobedience. But look at what he accomplished and think of the future he will have.

Look at it this way. You walk into an antique shop. You are looking around and see a small glass paperweight. You turn it over and the price tag is $1,000. So you walk up to the register and you offer the shop owner $10. Imagine how he would react! Now think of us. Jehovah PAID for you and me with the blood of His Son's sacrifice. I wonder how much value in dollars Jehovah would put on us?

PRICELESS! YEAH, we are PRICELESS to Jehovah. You know that Jehovah would not pay the price if we weren't worth the price to Him. Now, how do you think Jehovah feels if we place a much smaller price tag on ourselves? He would be insulted! You are a very special person, priceless, chosen out of all the world of mankind personally by Jehovah to know the truth and to serve the greatest person in the universe. And He did all of this while we were still imperfect and unworthy of this honor. You keep on hanging in there. Remember Jehovah NEVER forgets his people and neither do we. When you feel buffeted by the world and of little value, you might think of yourself as a hundred dollar bill . Would you accept a gift of a crisp new C-note? Of course!
    What if the bill were not new, but slightly used? Still, just as good, right? What if you found the bill in the mud? Still, worth a hundred, right?
    But what if it's tattered and smudged and the corners are missing? Is it worth any less? Not at all! Whether bright and new or battered and beaten, a hundred is still a hundred. And we are precious to Jehovah and to our brothers, whether things are going fine or we have been through the mill. It's not the outer appearance or the current condition that determines worth, but what backs us up that gives us our value. Our currency is backed by the First Universal Bank of Jehovah! Jehovah doesn't bother printing mere 100's. Like your spiritual siblings, you are a gazillion dollar bill and remain just as valuable as ever, as long as you stay in circulation.

So keep enduring, and one day we will all be in 'mint condition'.

Love from your fellow tattered banknote,

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Jehovah could have chosen anyone he wanted to serve Him ..... for some reason He chose you and me.

Huh?????

I thought he gave humans free will. Why doesn't he choose all those little babies that'll die at Armageddon?

• Mary
    Mary
    When you feel buffeted by the world and of little value, you might think of yourself as a hundred dollar bill . Would you accept a gift of a crisp new C-note? Of course! What if the bill were not new, but slightly used? Still, just as good, right? What if you found the bill in the mud? Still, worth a hundred, right? But what if it's tattered and smudged and the corners are missing? Is it worth any less? Not at all!

Ya, but what happens if you take that 100 bill and examine it under an ultraviolet light and it becomes obvious that it's a fake. A counterfeit. How much is it worth then? And what happens if you try giving it to someone else?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Some people don't know when to stop using similes... it's painful for the rest of us.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

75 cents is my final offer

• DJK
    DJK

A friend of mine sent that same one to me recently. She's Baptist and you can bet the name Jehovah wasn't on it.

Usual and customary treatment from me. Deleted!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Your mom will probably stop sending you those "encouraging" emails if you send her some YouTube clips about the corrupt WTB&TS or stuff off the silentlambs and watchtowerdocuments websites.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

My mom sends me these kinds of things on a daily basis. I got the "Cute Kid Doing Bible Reading In Peru" email from three different people.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Hmmm how much are we worth to Jehovah? He gave his only begotten son for us, so that makes us priceless, right? Well, let's analyze the situation...

Jehovah is no dummy. He bought in bulk. He went to the Price Club of human souls and purchased, potentially, billions of us for a one-time payment. A payment of what? Two days worth of death by his son.

Not even 48 hours. For the sake of argument, and being generous, we'll say 40 hours of death. That's 144,000 seconds, which I take to mean that the Holy Spirit is blessing my argument here.

If Jah purchased just 1 billion souls with those 144,000 seconds of death, that's little more than 1/10000 of a second of death per each soul eternally saved. Bargain rate, wouldn't you say?

Further, the "death" we are talking about is not "death" in the traditional sense, the primary meaning of which is a permanent state of unconsciousness and inactivity. This was a transient state which, once reversed, was changed not only to life, but to a powerful spirit life in a position of authority over all that exists in the universe.

How much are we worth to Jehovah? The question is, did he even give up anything for us?

• amama2six
    amama2six

Let me add one more thing to that, Fadeout.

How many JW parents have "sacrificed" THEIR children for JEHOVAH by not allowing them to have a blood transfusion? I think he is MORE than paid back for HIS sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit