3 versions of the truth

by JK666 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

If something is true, there can only really be "one" version of that truth.

So if there is three different viewpoints about anything, that means the subject under discussion is undergoing many "assessments" by different people.

Nobody can claim to always clearly see or know the truth. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong -- this is true of everyone.

If you disagree with what I just said, you don't know the TRUTH of the matter.

• flipper
    flipper

JK- You know you are my bro. I love and respect you . That being said - we have to pick our debates and battles carefully at times. A person has to scrutinize the motives of someone who wants to do battle with us ; and there are times when we are being baited to get into a confrontation with somebody because they might get off seeing us get upset . So we have to be like those smart fish at times and just swim by the bait , or we could get hooked to our demise.

Mrs. Flipper has an expression , " When you roll with pigs you both get muddy. But the pig likes it . " So why waste the time on it ? There are so many better subjects to approach and good things to accomplish here on JWD ! Yeah, it can get frustrating because of cetain personalities that irritate us - but we can't control what other people say or do all the time , or ever really. All we can do is control our reaction to it and move on to bigger and better topics and conversations ! Peace out bro ! Mr. Flipper of the " cuddly club personified " !

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Why do some have to become so dogmatic? Have they an ax to grind?
    Have a beer with nate. You bash me, but try to tell me how a person can have over 11K posts in one year, and have a life, or work, or whatever?

Now who is grinding the ax??

• JK666
    JK666

kerj,

U R smart!

Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

PM me if you ever want to really talk. Otherwise, shut your piehole.

JK

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

U R smart!

Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

PM me if you ever want to really talk. Otherwise, shut your piehole.

JK

Are you 12???

• JK666
    JK666

Gopher,

I find you a very middle of the road type person. Very balanced, and I respect that! It is just that many of the semi-moderates get pissed off here. Some are snarky, and try to discredit anyone with a divergent opinion.

I think of you highly.

JK

• SpawnofNvr
    SpawnofNvr

You are pitiful, John.

Get help.

Please.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Dude u seriously have issues with letting go. This stuff must spin around in your head until u blow. Everyone vents from time to time here but u are a monthly/weekly/daily Krakatoa. Is there no self help clinic near u?

• JK666
    JK666

Spawn,

You have absolutely no clue of the history here, therefore have no clue. I will cut you some slack due to that.

JK

• Gopher
    Gopher

I can't keep track of who likes who and which people are fighting on the board. Since we really don't know each other here, I don't see the point of making our disagreements turn into personality clashes and the like. And I really don't have time for it.

But such is the nature of anonymous Internet boards. It'll happen from time to time.

There's really nothing here worth getting emotional over, except maybe for the rare stalker who may try to use boards like this to intimidate someone that they personally know.

Even in the midst of the recent flare-up, there were still good topics and good discussions going on for those who cared to find them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit