Fibonacci numbers and 144,000

by Beta Male 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Where's Obves when u need him

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

i was actually more worried about JCanon showing up.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yep, and then your thread gets buried under 15 pages of "I am the naked Messiah"

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Aren't pentagrams "demonic"?

I'm sure I remember my dub parents telling me to throw out a pair of earings because they had pentagrams on them.

The sacrifices I made for that religion... *sighs*

• james_woods
    james_woods

Aren't pentagrams "demonic"?

I'm sure I remember my dub parents telling me to throw out a pair of earings because they had pentagrams on them.

The sacrifices I made for that religion... *sighs*

Pentagrams probably have something of that context today, but they also have some very positive contexts, as well... It is certainly the universal symbol for the stars in the sky - ask any kid, including a JW, to draw a star and they will draw you a 5 sided pentagram. We talk about "five-star restaurants", "five-star movies", and so on - the more stars the better. There was even a 5-star General as a military rank. Philosophers sometimes tell you to "reach for the stars". For me, the good-looking factory wheels on my Ferrari Testarossa are made in a star pattern (the spokes inside the circular rim). Mine has only the one centerlock bolt in the middle to attach the wheel, but later models (and almost all other cars now, except the smallest econoboxes) attach their wheels with five lugnuts arranged in a pentagon shape. Important companies with much more than demonism or wicca on their PR minds have chosen this figure as a symbol - Chrysler, Texaco, etc. The earliest pentagrams seem to have come from around 4000 years B.C. in Mesopotamia, and they have been around ever since. They have not exactly taken much heat over this, unlike Proctor & Gamble with their "man in the moon". Sometimes a geometric shape is just a geometric shape, right?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Religion.

12 apostles of the son.

12 months movements of the earth around the sun.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

144 is the smallest number with exactly 15 divisors. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 16, 18, 24, 36, 48, 72, 144...

It is the 12th number of the Fibonacci sequence: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144...

Roman numeral - CXLIV
    Binary (Base2) - 10010000
    Octal (Base8) - 220
    Duodecimal (Base12) - 100
    Hexadecimal (Base16) - 90

It is a dozen dozens (aka. a gross)... and is the telephone number for directory enquiries in Israel.

In bases other than 10, the number 666 it doesn't look so special (or scary).

Roman numeral - DCLXVI
    Binary (Base2) - 1010011010
    Octal (Base8) - 1232
    Hexadecimal (Base16) - 29A
    Duodecimal (Base12) - 476
    Base32 - KQ
    Base36 - IIBase60 - 11 06

It is a member of the Indices of prime Padovan sequence, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, 30, 37, 84, 128, 469, 666, 1262, 1573, 2003, 2210...

The Roman numeral representation of the number 666 (DCLXVI: 500 + 100 + 50 + 10 + 5 + 1) uses each of the Roman numeral symbols with values under 1,000 once , occurring in descending order of their respective values.

The word "apostates" in ancient Greek adds up to 666.

A alpha = 1
    P pi = 80
    O omicron = 70
    ST stigma = 6
    A alpha = 1
    T tau = 300
    E eta = 8
    S sigma = 200
    -----
    -----

The fear of the number 666 is called "hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia".

• james_woods
    james_woods

The square of the "golden ratio number" 1.6180339887...(continuing fraction, like - forever) is : get this...

2.6180338887. So it's square is itself plus one.

Now, check this out - the reciprocal of this number - I.E. = 1/1.6180339887 = 0.618033987... CONTINUTING FRACTION!!!.

This is the only number that has this unique quality - you can square it by just adding one. You can obtain the reciprocal by just subtracting one.

This is the number of the Fibonacci series..the ultimate ratio between two of the members. This is the number of the pentagon, the ratio of the longest versus the shortest sides.

This is not mysticism...this is just a very special number. In my thinking, it is much closer to God than the number 1914, or the one 1975.

• james_woods
    james_woods

THANK YOU SYLVIA for bringing this thread back from the dead.

I did learn this from the Fermat's Theorem book up at the cabin - Pythagoras did not invent the pythagoran theorem (exactly in that way).

The X^2 + Y^2 = Z^2 was already known for years before his time. What he did was PROVE MATHEMATICALLY that this formula was true for all the infinity of possible right triangles.

See everyone in the morning -

James

• streets76
    streets76

Two things (I think) I know.

1. Everything is mathmatical.

2. Evolution explains everything.

(That only took me 50+ years!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit