Is Jehovah just a wicked spirit?

by Rooster 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Rooster
    Rooster

If you look @ the WTBT track record of teachings & changing of teachings, there is no way Jesus or the True God would have anything to do with it!

My father was blabtized as one of JW's mindless fools in 1941.

He told us of assemblies where they sat and waited for the return of the prophets. Yes the WBTS had chairs on the stage and the audience watched in mindless amazement.

Yet he always said " Where else are you going to go?"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey Rooster, that type of mythology sounds pretty cool. Or jehovah can be a real fuck up god with all sorts of insecurites about himself and thinks forced worship is the way to go,,thankfully he only gets control of a small segment the human speicies.

I mean the possible senerios are endless when you think about it. Gods by nature seem to be made in the image of men in men's minds. Therefore any god that you can understand comes from us via the collective unconscious as a archetype.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    frankiespeakinRe: Is Jehovah just a wicked spirit?

Post 6122 of 6122
    since 09-Sep-03

54 y 11 m 28 d

Hey Rooster, that type of mythology sounds pretty cool. Or jehovah can be a real fuck up god with all sorts of insecurites about himself and thinks forced worship is the way to go,,thankfully he only gets control of a small segment the human speicies.

I mean the possible senerios are endless when you think about it. Gods by nature seem to be made in the image of men in men's minds. Therefore any god that you can understand comes from us via the collective unconscious as a archetype.

I think you might be onto something here. why the worship in the first place? Does the creator need to be worshiped?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    why the worship in the first place? Does the creator need to be worshiped?

Yeah the whole story just reeks a real inferiority complex,, definately not one of confidence and security in his godshipness and claimed know it allness. What a phoney come on!! The jealousy issue reeks and reeks of insecurity,,, and the depiction of jehovah's wife as a prositute in the bible what a blow to his over blown ego,, the god is a real sorry looser no matter how you tell the story.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

You might enjoy reading the book Job: A Comedy of Justice by Robert Heinlein.

Dave

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In the Quran, Satan is referred to as a jinn or jinni. (The English translation is Genie) The genie is a winged creature with free will and is thought to be a guardian spirit. The root word and its concept of deception or concealment comes from the semitic root JNN. The Arabic Jannah means "Garden of Paradise".

In Northern Eurpose, the unnamed "forbidden fruit" was thought to be an apple because of a misunderstanding of the Latin "malum". When used as an adjective"malum" means evil, but as a noun it means apple.

Bearing this in mind, could it be that the "god" in the garden was actually the jinn?

Scriptures do say that the "god of this world" is Satan. Have people been worshipping the god Satan all this time, and merely giving it the name jehovah? This jehovah god certainly seems to have the attributes of trickery and meanness. This god jehovah clearly states he is a god of war. He rules by fear, jealousy, and annihilation.

Even the Watchtower is guilty of futhering these deceptions by not giving full disclosure of their "unwritten" rules to new studies. Some are even baptised without awareness of certain consequences. A lot of deceptive trickery. Seems to go hand in hand with the jinn.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah Tyrant is nothing more than a Tyrant. He consistently destroys and usurps value. He demands sacrifice, and then is not satisfied. He is continually frustrating people's needs just so the pent up energy can be redirected into serving Him. He is seeking to suppress knowledge. That Jehovah is doing all He can to dominate man. Yet He will not wipe us out, since He needs to see us suffer for His entertainment.

Oddly, Jesus is not like that. Jesus was trying to free people from ignorance and tyranny. If you ask me, I would say Jesus was more like Satan than like Jehovah.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

planet rahab is planet x nibiru. Scheduled to knock the earth off its axis about 2012 when the Mayan calander runs out.

Why did the planet dissappear?

It didn't it is on a very elongated orbit and comes by earth about every 6,000 years. The last pass coincides with the biblical flood and the lost planet of Atlantis.

I suspect it is the planet of both Satin and Jehovah. Or God and the Devil. Good and evil.

It is the planet of the Gods. The extra terristrials that seeded us.

The missing link and answers to many of our questions.

Like the JW's and Armegeddon in 75, this drama has a date to determine whether it is truth or Bullshxt.

January 1, 2013 time to look for another theory.

I wouldnt sell my home or forego my education for this one.

If I really believed it and had the where withall, I would move to the mountains and build a fall out shelter and stock it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is a neat thread, Roo.

Primate Dave... you are so right about the "Job" book by Heinlein. Excellent!

Another book that is not to be missed on this subject is "Letters from Earth" by Mark Twain.

Might want to read "Jehovah Unmasked" by Nathaniel Merritt... he used to post here.

In the Gnostic mythology, the Creator is a Demi-god who was very full of himself. He was neither the most powerful, nor was he particularly respected in God-dom. Reading all of the mind games and jealous demands and COPIOUS bloodshed for petty disagreements in the old testament, I have to agree... if Jehovah is the old-testament god... he needs to be spanked and placed on restriction.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit