Jehovah hates soap box derbies. Again.

by easyreader1970 12 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

I wonder what kind of "game-ending objections" were given here? Didn't want the drones to look outside and see people having a good time?

• halcyon
    halcyon

This reminds me of some counsel I once heard that kids at a cong picnic shouldn't throw a baseball around (in a huge grassy area!) because "what if the ball comes down near the picnic and hits someone and they get hurt."

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

In an earlier article - http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/31/29/31_29_sp_soapbox.html?comm=1 -

Semonian said the Witnesses “certainly have no objections to the derby itself,” but that the sect is “concerned about our liability … that could occur in connection with our building.”

Apparently, they are afraid they'll get sued if someone gets hurt on their property during the race. $$$$$

• JK666
    JK666

THE FUN POLICE STRIKE AGAIN!

JK

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

No time for stupid soap-box derbys!!! THE END IS SO CLOSE!

Jeez... it's almost like they WANT people to hate them. Oh wait... they do.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Soap box derbies are fantastic. It's a really wholesome, family oriented sport. Oh, family oriented, that must be why the WTS is against them.

StAnn

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Of course, the WTS is concerned about liability. If they silence molestation victims, then of course they'll stop a soap box derby.

• blondie
    blondie

Too bad they don't reason the same way and cancel meetings at the KH and private homes in case someone gets injured on their property.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Good point, Blondie.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit