Man's freedom of choice,, is it really free?

by hot mama 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• hot mama
    hot mama

I started wondering what others thought about this topic. If Armegeddon did come and if there are people who survive and grow to perfection, how can we be sure that everyone would continue to be obedient? Mankind is given the ability to choose how he will act , so what I'm asking is this I guess,, If it did'nt work with Adam and Eve, then how could it possibly work in the supposedly new system?Will we still have freedom of choice? Or will we be programmed to be obedient? This might not make any sense to any of you but I'd like to hear your thougths on it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

No, this is an excellent observation of the New World Order fantasy. 100% harmony in thought and actions, no need to respect or recognize the natural world and its variety of creatures, omivores, herbivores, carnivores etc. No need to worry about anything really, just eat and shit and f--- (until the F'ing is discontinued). This is worse than merely childish, it's looney and sick.

• hot mama
    hot mama

Gregor, thanks for the reply. I was'nt sure anyone would understand what I was talking about. It does sound ludicrus that everyone could forever live in total harmony. There will alway be differing oppinions ,we are not robots. What I always believed my whole life seems so stupid now!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I used to think about it alot, but with a twist I suppose. I remember reading the passages of the bible where some angels rebelled against god so they could come down to earth and, *wink* get busy and think, what a second....Ok, new system, supposed to be perfect, la la la, we are all living in the glory of god, all spiritually enlightened and $hit, yet why did they rebel? Was god not alot of fun to have around? Was it boring?

The angels weren't too frigging satisfied with their lot, matter of fact, a 'hell' of alot of em quit and went to work for the 'other' guy. LMAO it is such an insane proposal really, disgruntled angels say f*ck this but we humans would grow to perfection and be oh so happy living under god's thumb. Angels had free will, we had free will and apparently, not all of them found it "perfect".

Alas, I don't worry about it anymore, because I see the bible as just another book, not of divine origin.

• zagor
    zagor

It is hard to prove or disprove unprovable hypothesis. For instance, someone can say to me they are hot mama.

I can take their word for it in which case it is faith based and that's all that can be said about it; in fact the only way to prove it is if they reveal themselves to me in which case I'm living the experience and don't need to prove or disprove it.
    It comes out of a very elegant theorem by Kurt Godel back in 1920's that states we can never prove unprovable things but rather accept them as reasonable or not in which case it comes down to our personal experience with someone and weather we can trust in their word.

So what would happen in a hypothetical paradise? I don't know it is outside of my day to day experience and hence Godel's principle applies when it comes to what WTBS promises, i.e. my experience so far and how much I can trust in their word and interpretations of anything they say.

Lets say the number of promises made by them is M (infinity)

and number of promises fulfilled is N (zero)

So simple ratio tells you that N / M = 0.

By the same token even if they didn't promise anything, where M = 0

we are in a position of 0/0 which is undefined and hence cannot be proven so you either accept it on faith or reject it as highly unlikely.

If you decide to explore it you may find only one of the two possible outcomes. You will discover something highly unique in human and mathematical experience ( equivalent of deserving of a Nobel prize) and hence very rewarding and worth every effort OR as most people would believe, you will have spent many years in thinking about an unprovable idea.

Unprovable ideas have a nasty habit that they occupy our minds to the point where we lose touch with reality, Cantor discovered it when he tried proving his Continuum hypothesis. It is kind of thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking ... ad infinitum. Need I mention he ended up in an insane asylum and died there too, never proving his hypothesis.

In fact to this day Continuum hypothesis cannot be proven one way or another, our mathematics is simply not strong enough for that. So again you end up with either accepting something on face value or simply do not occupy yourself with it for the sake of sanity. Which is what I chose and I believe most people here do the same.

By the way in case you wondered, I'm leaning toward believing you're really hot., but for 'god's sake' do put some avatar so we can assess it, don't just count on our beliefs ;)

Welcome to the board.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    By the way in case you wondered, I'm leaning toward believing you're really hot., but for 'god's sake' do put some avatar so we can assess it, don't just count on our beliefs ;)

LOL, Zagor, you made me spit my tea on my keyboard! Put the man out of his misery hot mama and post an avatar.

• zagor
    zagor
    LOL, Zagor, you made me spit my tea on my keyboard! Put the man out of his misery hot mama and post an avatar.

What made you think that wasn't exactly what I intended to happen, have some faith ;)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is absolutely no freedom if Jehovah corrals one into obedience by using force of circumstance. In that case, "obedience" would be meaningless and could easily be rebutted with a simple "If that person would have had the chance, they would have disobeyed". As Jehovah had prevented that from being tested, He has absolutely no way to answer to such a challenge.

And He isn't about to relent now just so He can get that answer.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I don't understand how anybody could believe there will ever be world peace. If there were only three or four or even eight people in the beginning and even they couldn't get along...how could you expect millions to "suddenly" get along and live in peace?

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i was in, the wt idea was that, once god had proved his right to universal soveriegnty, and had killed all his opponents at the end of the 1000 yr period, then any who rebelled would be instantly snuffed. No need for trial, meetings, evidence, god just disappears them. The wt jehovah, the absolute, legalistic mind reading tyrant.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit