Tuesday nights- freedom is great

by lrkr 11 Replies latest jw friends

• lrkr
    lrkr

So I had a great Tuesday evening- listened to live jazz sitting in a park by the (large water body near my house). Had a bit of Pino Grigio. Watched the kid play on the playground. And thought- Wow- freedom is great.

A year ago (well a year and a half ago) I would have been running from work to prepare a meeting part.

Trying to convince my child that the sheer boredom he was experiencing was really absolute joy at attending the meetings.

Giving a meeting part that required transforming a meaningless, repititous bit of drivel into something slightly interesting and spending time after the meeting shepherding/pressuring someone to do more, feel better, etc while trying to convince my wife that it was ok that I was not spending time with her.

Freedom is awesome!!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It would be a lot nicer if I wasn't working...

h40

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

lrkr,

I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance. I'm wondering why someone who is still active and involved in sheparding JWs would be on a discussion board like this. Aren't you warned to stay off of sites like this?

No attacking please, I'm just trying to make sense of it.

• dawg
    dawg

starting... my friend... please read it again

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And not having to worry about getting up just so I could make a boasting session. Instead of worrying about getting up for the damn things, I sleep right through them if I feel like it and not look back.

• ISP
    ISP

Re: Tuesday nights- freedom is great So are Mondays Wednesdays etc.....virtually all non meeting nights would be taken preparing for the meeting with any other time being used for personal brainwashing..I mean study. ISP

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

And let's not forget Saturdays and Sundays!!!

Screw field service! Sleep until lunch time! Woo Hoo!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Freedom is awesome!!

This is the second year I accompanied my wife to the District Convention area
    but did not go in to the sessions. While she still pretends she enjoys these
    sessions, it is clear that she is not uplifted by them. In comparison, I am
    very uplifted by my activities while on vacation.

Week-to-week, I definitely feel less drained because I am not preparing for the
    meetings. My weekends are not more hectic than weekdays because of
    field circus and WT study and the meeting.

Freedom is Awesome.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

lrkr,

I agree, I have never had so much free time in my life...!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I now have time to do nice things for people while not badgering them on Saturday mornings at their door. It's wonderful to talk to people without trying to think of a way to turn it into a preaching session. Sometimes my wife and I wake up in the morning and just say WOW what a great life.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit