How many kids never buy into the JW B/S???

by navytownroger 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Margie
    Margie

This is an interesting topic. Going by my family (my siblings and cousins), only 3 of 10 of us escaped the clutches. From what I hear, 1 of the 3 escapees would consider returning if her Catholic husband weren't so opposed. Two of the 7 non-escapees took walks on the wild side and then returned; another of the non-escapees is less devout than some might wish, but 4 are by all accounts life-long, dyed-in-the wool JWs.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I hope those who do not buy into it don't have any guilt from the cult, thinking they are sinning and will die at armageddon. I have seen a number of them who are brainwashed who think it's "the truth" and live with that guilt, and it's horrible.

• choosing life
    choosing life

A lot leave or are dfd. Unfortunately, some of these retuirn. Then there are those that stay and somehow manage to do ignore much of what the society preaches. I see many who have stayed in around here going to college and establishing a good life for themselves. I also see them making their own decisions on morality and socializing.

There just doesn't seem to be many who are really sacrificing too much for this religion. It is more of a social thing than a religious one.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In my former congregation, I have seen more of the horrible treatment. There was one boy, about 6 or 7 at the time I first started field circus, that was quite disruptive in field circus. His horrible crimes included picking twigs up off the ground and off shrubbery, running, kicking dirt around, and making the kinds of noises that children are going to. Every other sound seemed to be him getting a beating and/or a threat "Just wait until we get home".

As for leaving, all too many were still in when I left. Usually, those in extended families where most or all are witlesses are more prone to staying because of family issues. I noticed that with the lead hounder--he had two children (sorry, Brother Hounder--I will not divulge personal information that will make it easy for you to identify me). Both were baptized before they reached age 12. Both became regular pioneers. Both were home schooled on account of worldly associations. Both were highly involved in the witless religion. And, from what I remember, all the extended family is still in the cancer.

Hopefully, such ones will be left all alone holding the bag when the Kingdumb Hell gets foreclosed.

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

The inofficial statistics for western Europe speak about 70% - 75%

Regards,

Phil

• halcyon
    halcyon

the trouble with a decrease in numbers is that it means something positive too! "We MUST be near the end! Satan's got so many of them!"

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I never bought in to it. I kind of tried there for a hot minute but failed on the baptism questions. After that I was pretty happy because I was only doing it to appease a few people. My oldest brother left and currently only other brother (older) is still in, though he is only in for social reasons IMO. I think that the numbers are probably 1 out of ever 2 leave. That is how it shook out in our hall.

• Regretful_J
    Regretful_J

I posted this awhile back and this can give you a better idea on this topic....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23337807

"The group with the worst retention is one of the fastest growing — Jehovah's Witnesses. Only 37 percent of those raised in the sect known for door-to-door proselytizing said they remain members".

• hot mama
    hot mama

I would say that 95% of the kids at the cong I went to left when they were old enough. Way to many rules and not enough fun. Even those that stayed did'nt seem happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit