The power of words.

by Anti-Christ 12 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

antichrist

like the point you make that we are all human, we express the same emotions, desires etc but in varying degrees and extents and according to our backgrounds and environment.
    I appreciate the comments, thanks. I sometimes question my way of thinking and wonder if I was not to "warped" by my JW upbringing and that's why I ask. It is difficult for me to post the thoughts that I consider important and defining of who I am. I only went to a French school and I taught myself how to read and write in English so it's a challenge to express what I think and feel with written words.

I understand.

The discussion that you and saywhat and sirnose are having is very interesting. I wonder if this issue of homosexuality being normal or abnormal highlights the difference between morality and ethics.

ql

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Hmm, yeah you realy cannot do away with labels as they are how we classify and organize things.

Well I kind of figured that out, what I'm trying to say is that some labels are not necessary and that some labels change the real meaning of the thing or person. Like I said for example, racism. When we hear this word what automatically comes to mind? Someone who hates or thinks that a person of a different race is inferior to an other, right? Why do we need to classify and organize hatred? Hatred is hatred no mater what label you put on it. I believe that changing the way we say certain things will change our general attitude towards it. Racism is human hatred. Just using the word implies that they are different "kinds" of humans. We are all Homo sapiens sapiens, so one race. No more Neanderthals or Homo erectus. Like the other day there was a special report on CNN if I remember right called blacks in America,. What's up with that? Just that title alienates people who all live on the same land mass. Isn't this the root of the problem, them and us? There is no them, only us.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I don't necessarily want you to agree with me I just want to know what you all think and to know if you understand.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good post, you make a good point. I cant argue with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit