new in aposto-land

by cameo-d 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hello.

I landed here because of a magazine I found in lobby and wanted to ask question. I am reading some here now. I am interested in talking about bible scriptures and I hope it will be OK to do that here because I think a lot of people here are still digging for what is really true.

I want to tell you all some of what I am seeing. I have been reading some of the "christian boards" and Iwant to tell you some of what I see going on. First of all, I am not a church goer. On the "christian" boards I looked at some make you sign a statement that you are a christian before you can join. I won't do that. Some require that you state your denomination. It just seems very elitist to me. Maybe you all are cliquish too. I dont know yet.

Anyway, off and on I have read some different boards. One thing I have seen very very strong in the past 6 months is that people are getting kicked off by the administration for talking about the scripture "get out of her my people" becuase many people are starting to see strange changes in doctrine and teaching in the christian churches. Some people are making a racket and voluntarily leaving the boards because they are not allowed to say anything negative about the new changes and the "get out of her" in referring to thechurch.

Some of the churches that used to talk about the rapture are changing their tune. They are talking about armageddon survivors restoring the earth. This is new. This is what the jehovahs talk about. The thing is, they are leaving Jesus out of it, so it seems, because this is a man-made project. Man will restore the earth. Has nothing to do with god or jesus.

Some of my friends are now into this essene thing. They are talking about the new enlightenment from these scrolls. Some are even making a play on words like Krist=Krishna.

Some of the new teachings they are starting to talk about are the "lost years" of Jesus and that he went to India. And that's why there is some connection. I don't know if they are trying to say jesus was Krishna in another incarnation or what.

Anyway, some weird stuff going on in christian churches now and many people are leaving.

It makes me think of that scripture about how the apostacy has to come before "the end". I think the apostacy is that people are realizing they have been duped and misled. The smart ones are the ones getting out. But thing is, they are going to be calling those people the anti-christ for not going along with the church BS.

Does your religion teach that Jesus went to India? Some of the new info out is that Jesus was buried in India and they have found his grave.

Anyway, can I ask my questions here?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Firstly every message board is just high school revisited. Secondly JW doctrine does not teach that Jesus went to India. Me wonders if this is just some JW ploy to try to "prove" JW's have the "truth".

• sparrow
    sparrow

If you are looking for truth, don't be looking at any religion let alone Jehovah's Witnesses.

Swap a kid at birth from a muslim religion and a christian religion and the christian kid will want to kill the infidels and the muslim kid will want God to kill anyone not Christian...

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome To JWD!

Does your religion teach that Jesus went to India?

Nope.... The JWs don't teach this.

Some of the new info out is that Jesus was buried in India and they have found his grave.

Nope ..... this is the first time I have heard such a claim.

Anyway, can I ask my questions here?

Fine by me ask as many questions as you desire.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

cameo-d. First, welcome to the board! Second, it doesn't seem like you realize it (but maybe you do) but this is a board for FORMER Jehovah's Witnesses and current JWs who want to leave. There are a few people who plan to remain JWs but not many, since the religion actually forbids conversations with the likes of us, so talking to us is major disobedience to the church leadership to begin with.

That said, if you're looking for an unbiased view of JWs, this is the place. Of course, you'll find a lot of biased views as well, but a lot of us are just people trying to get on with our lives and we know that admitting the good things about them doesn't diminish our decision to leave.

As a general rule, JWs don't buy into that Da Vinci Code stuff. They believe the Bible tells the truth about Jesus' death and burial, and that his body was destroyed upon his resurrection to heaven. If you have more questions, go ahead and ask, and we'll answer them to the best of our ability. Many here have been in the religion for decades, and have many more in-depth insights that go beyond the rosy, idealized picture the Watchtower presents.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Cameo, Welcome to the board.

I dont have a religion, I escaped the tower in 83. And back in 83 or 84 I heard the story of Jesus having gone to India. I think possibly people are trying to speculate on Jesus lost years as his ministry is only like 3 years long.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jesus+in+India&btnG=Google+Search

As far as people getting kicked off other Church/ religion Boards. I would say that is human nature. "Birds of a feather flock together" and if you have a different thought the sheep like ones find that threatening.

I guess the place you want to be is where people are seeking the truth.

I dont really know where that is at the moment. And if it is found it might not be the most pleasant place due to human nature. Once someone feels they have found the truth they tend to become haughty and obnoxious about it.

Maybe a Zen like board at least in the sense that the people into Zen budhism figure you cant learn anything until your cup is only have full. If your cup is full there is nothing to learn.

But then the Zen Budhist will probably insist on filling your cup with Zen thoughts.

I myself am looking for truth. And its a wild ride. I've turned over a lot of rocks with a lot of stories underneath them. And the stories are often times threatening to others who are not searching.

In fact my search for the truth led me here a few years back. Just googling various key words and I stumbled in here. The only truth I believe is predominant here on this board is that the Jehovahs Witnesses are not the truth and they dont have the truth.

I cant say I have discovered any documentable proveable truth explaining where man came from and whre he is going. The theories I have discoverd and examined all have as mush disproof as proof. And in a court of law in a capital case the burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt which to me is in the 90% area. The great evolutionary apologist Richard Dawkins is only 75% sure of his position which I doubt would sway a jury in a capital case.

Anyways, Good look in your search let me know if you find anything.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hello and welcome. You can ask anything you want.

Paul

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

B_Deserker couldn't of said better. My only question is... Where did you see our site to asked these questions?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

No, I am not believeing that jehovah's have the truth. What I am finding in reading this board is that many people here are still searching and are digging deeper to find out what's true. I don't see that so much with the protestant religions.

What I am seeing here as I read more is a rebelliousness...and this is good because it shows you question what you have been told. What's more than that is that you all are allowed to SAY it here. The christian boards will not tolerate any questioning of certain doctrine. You have a freedom here of saying its bullshit if you don't believe what the church teaches.

Try asking if communion is from ancient cannibalistic rituals over there and you would probably get killed in the fray. But I think I could probably say that here and maybe even get some reasonable information.

As far as the Zen board, I think religions will soon come to that. Islam-Judaism-christian are all based on Abraham. The root word Abraham comes from Brahamin. And Brahamin is a Hindu priest.

The christians have a belief that the temple of solomon will be rebuilt in the last days "before the end can come". But actually the temple has already been rebuilt but it has not been announced in christendom yet. It is in India. It is called the Temple of Oneness. That's why I think they are going to start teaching this Jesus in India thing. That's why I wondered if this information had ever been brought out in your religion.

If you go to their website they have information on all religions and even the jehovah witness is included. I think it has been set up and actually manipulated to correspond with the scriptures in Revelation where it talks about the eternal city where god is worshipped day and night and it is lit up by eternal light.

This temple is on a large acreage and it is called The Golden City. The Temple is not ornate at all. It is just a structure with floors and ceiling and archways. The "temple" will be made up of the worshippers. In their program they say that worshippers will be allowed in four shifts. Each shift will be 8,000 people. The "eternal lighting" is holographic orbs of light. Earlier this year they had a special ceremony and supposedly annointed the 144,000 to go out.

I think there is some spooky stuff going on. What would happen if your religion started teaching some of this? Do you think its possible?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Some of the new teachings they are starting to talk about are the "lost years" of Jesus and that he went to India. And that's why there is some connection. I don't know if they are trying to say jesus was Krishna in another incarnation or what.

Does your religion teach that Jesus went to India? Some of the new info out is that Jesus was buried in India and they have found his grave

I remember watching something on History or Discovery chanel about the "lost years" and that Jesus suposedly went to India, married and had children and was burried there.

Thats' all, just saying, heard something like that, don't know if it's true, but found it very interesting.

And welcome

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit