Defending others

by JK666 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Life is a prism. You can see what color you choose to see depending on the angle.

It is rare that one side is right and the other is wrong. That is just too black and white for the real world.

Best to live and let live perhaps? It is wonderful to help others, agreed. But it works better in real life than in the digital world methinks - there is just always more than meets the eye.

Jeff

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

You have highlighted an interesting phenomena that I have only seen happening on XJW Boards.

1) A desire to believe everything written without recourse to reason or sound judgement.

2) A ridiculous assumption that a person can really be 'supported' on a discussion board by anything but information.

3) An inclination to whine and bleat, carry grudges and try to extract some sort of verbal revenge when faceless, nameless people use words that upset us. Words are just words. What our mind does with them shows more about us than anything any person might write about us.

4) An inability for a person to realize that rather than posting on discussion boards they should be concentrating on getting professional therapeutic help and getting their lives together.

Perhaps some, or all of these points apply to non XJW boards, I am sure they do, but I have not seen them to any great degree on other boards that I read from time to time.

HS

• FreudianSlip
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Never get too involved with people and never believe everything you read.

Bingo. It's hard enough to get the whole picture from people in real life. Internet discussion boards make it even easier for people to be full of shit and get away with it.

With rare exceptions for few people, I don't allow my online life to cross over into my real life. Cyber hugs from halfway across the continent, while nice, don't really help much when the going gets tough in real life. Real life problems are better resolved away from the computer.

W

• milligal
    milligal

hillary-I've seen it on other 'non' ex-Jdub boards too. There are some people who enjoy drama and will promote it and others who will jump on the bandwagon because it is exciting to them. I appreciate that the administrators on this board keep close tabs on the threads.

Personally, if I feel too strongly about an issue I will likely avoid it since my viewpoint is not the be-all end-all. That's really what these boards are: a bunch of people expressing themselves, and as wonderful as I think that is; let's face it folks, most of what we post is not scholarly material Nor have any of us passed background checks to find our place here so take it for what it's worth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit