New Light - July 15, 2008 SE of the WT - Sower and Seed - another angle

by independent_tre 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary
    someone could do a search on "son of man" and see when they changed the identification from Jesus.

Whaaaat??!! You mean they're trying to say that "son of man" no longer is talking about Jesus?? Lemme guess......It's now referring to Freddie Franz.

I'll take a look when I get home tonight........

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Unfortunately as a former R&F MS goofball, something like this would have escaped my notice. I would have just casually read along at the WT study, noticed it, and said hmmm; all the while, thinking about & waiting to go to the lake and hang out with friends after meeting.

My point is: now it makes me really angry to see this crap! I'm sad to think how I didn't catch this stuff before...and sad knowing so many will just read and nod along....like I used to.

• VM44
    VM44
    but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, 39 and the enemy that sowed them is the Devil.

Right there the scripture says that the sower of the weeds is the Devil.

But The Watchtower would have the corresponding sower(s) of seed be, not Jesus, but the individual JW proclaimers?

Something doesn't sound right about that.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The Son of Man is always Jesus.

Let's cast our minds back to the March 10th WT Study, all about being obedient and submissive to the GB.

I don't have the article in front of me here at work, but it stated the following 3 identifiers of faithfulness. In the paragraphs directly after identifying Jesus as the King of the Kingdom is stated;
    'Other sheep' show their faithfulness by;
    1. Assisting the anointed in the preaching work.
    2. Loyally submitting to the Governing Body.
    3. (and this is one that really takes the cookie) You show your faithfulness to the GB by living by God's righteous standards.

Let's reflect on that; living by God's standards, as have been in place since the Garden of Eden, and will be in place until the end of the 1000 year reign, living by those standards now is the third of three ways the 'other sheep' show their faithfulness to the anointed.

There's no mention of the ransom sacrifice (of course that doesn't actually apply to the 'other sheep' anyway) and demonstrating faith in that. Instead, we've to assist the anointed in preaching, submit to the Governing Body and live by God's standards.

In that order.

So this article where they blithely re-define Scripture to suit their own means shouldn't really surprise us. And yes, I agree that they're shaping up to something BIG.

• logic
    logic

The society is just trying to prove a point. You can tell the true followers anything and they will believe it. They will probably do what russell did and declare you do not need the bible just his interpretation of it. It seems as the society is saying the bible is becoming obsolete and the they are now making all the rules. The society encourages you to read the bible but they do not encourage you to study it, in fact they discourage it. They want you to read the literature first .and the bible second.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason
    kc-Chapter 11 pp.98-99

ANOTHER

"SOWER"

Alone of the Gospels, Mark’s account follows up this parable of the "sower" with an illustration involving a different "sower." Just before giving this illustration, Jesus told his disciples in private: "Pay attention to what you are hearing." Then he tied in the parable, saying:

"In this way the kingdom of God is just as when a man casts the seed upon the ground, and he sleeps at night and rises up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows tall, just how he does not know." (Mark 4:24-27)

Obviously, this "man" is not the glorified Lord Jesus Christ, for the latter no longer needs an earthly night’s sleep. Nor would it be correct to say that the Son of God, who worked with his Father in creating all things, "does not know" how growth takes place. (Colossians 1:16) So in the context we can appreciate that the "man" has reference to the individual Christian who should be ‘paying attention’ to matters related to "the kingdom of God."

Each "sower" should watch with what personality traits he is sowing, and also the environment in which he sows. Without our being aware of it, the development of our personality may be influenced for good or for bad, according to the "ground" or kind of people among whom we associate as we seek to develop Christian qualities—be that inside or outside the congregation. (Compare 1 Corinthians 15:33.) Finally, "the full grain" will appear in the head, and we will harvest accordingly. (Mark 4:28, 29) How important that those of the "little flock," and indeed all who reach out for everlasting life in God’s Kingdom arrangement, watch what and where they sow with regard to the developing of Christlike personalities!—Ephesians 4:17-24; Galatians 6:7-9.

FYI

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

So how do they explain verse 41 where it says 'the Son of Man will send out his angels'? Do the publishers all have their personal angels now??

Unbelievable - I think those GB members are smoking dope.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I've been aware of the whole "you r&f are the sowers" explanation for some time...but good find on the "some in Christendom" line they spewed out! Wow...unlike some other verses that can be spiritualized, this one is more blatant.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Please note that in the WT article of July 15th 2008, the WTS is referring to Mark 4:26-29. In Mark's account of the parable he doesn't cite Jesus' explanation. However, the cross-reference in v26 of Mark 4 takes you to Matthews account, chapter 13:24. In this instance Jesus exlpains in v36,37 that the sower, while initially described as being a man, is in fact the Son of Man.

The reason I point this out is that JWs will cite Mark 4 as being about a man. However, in Matthew's account we get the clarification from Jesus himself that this man is the Son of Man.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm constantly getting the impression that the Watchtower don't like Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit