Let's hear some crazy/cool stories!

by amama2six 16 Replies latest jw friends

• amama2six
    amama2six

My husband reminded me of something crazy we did when we first started dating, so I thought I'd share it here and see if anyone else has some fun stories to add!

We went out to dinner one night...me in a nice dress and him in a dress shirt and slacks. Afterward we decided to hit the beach for a nice moonlit walk in the sand. We come up to the gate and notice there's still someone in the shack where they normally take payment until 6pm...but it was around 9pm. We drive up and the guy says "Are you with the party?" to which my husband responds "Yes!" without thinking. We are let through and suddenly our eyes focus on the cars in the parking lot. ALL POLICE VEHICLES! Now we're wondering what's going on and what we just inadvertently claimed to be a part of. Of course, that didn't stop us from getting out of the car to see...we walk up to the beach restaurant/bar and see there's a huge party going on for a bunch of the local police precincts! The place is crawling with officers and their spouses, complete with free food and alcoholic beverages for all. Don't ask me why we didn't hightail it out of there at that point, but we didn't. Instead we stayed, drank, and chatted it up with the po-po. After around three hours of partying we said our goodbyes and left...nobody questioned why we were there or caught on that we weren't SUPPOSED to be there the whole time! We laughed about that for a long time afterward...

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

The Board on the Weekend!

• amama2six
    amama2six

Hehehe...yeah, but I think everyone already knows that one.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Well this was my lame attempt to get everyone to move on from the weekend's antics and have a little good clean fun sharing stories with each other. Apparently one (or more) of three things is happening, instead...

1. It's too early to expect anyone to want to move on...especially when things keep happening because of the initial events.

2. Nobody has any good stories to share.

3. Nobody cares to respond to this thread because I started it (and may have "ruined my reputation" here already...I sure hope not!).

Feel free to send me a PM if you care to share some insight with me...don't take option #3 as me being "too sensitive", either, it's a legitimate concern I have as most of my comments on various threads have been widely ignored recently (possibly due to a few of my "newbie" comments early on in my posting here...which I've apologized for). If there's something I've done wrong or could do differently I'm certainly open to constructive criticism!

OR, if you want to go ahead and share a story here I'd love to read it! Everything has been so serious lately (for obvious reasons) but I'm hoping at some point we can lighten the mood a bit.

April

• Twitch
    Twitch

amama2six

You seem a little disappointed and/or hard on yourself for not getting posts here. Don't be, responses to topics can be a little like fishing; you never know when they're gonna bite, lol

As for crazy and/or cool stories, well lessee here,..

I was 19 and had my first apartment after leaving home/jw life and had the boys over for some of the usual Saturday night beers/party favours. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of going to the football stadium and climbing up on the roof, for no reason other than it was there and it was the order of the day to climb anything in the urban enviroment, buildings, smokestacks, etc. Besides, it seemed like a good place to smoke a little stickiest of the icky. Of course, the four of us were in agreement with this logic.

It was around midnight when we got there and there was nobody to be seen (security wise) so we hopped the gate and made our way up to the upper bleachers. Since the whole place was locked, the only way to get to the roof was by walking the grid that held the roof up, from the back where the top seating row was to the front "lip" of the roof. The grid was your typical steel I-beams about eight inches across and the front of the roof was approx 100 feet above the seats. We got up on the roof and completed our "mission", surveying the city nightscape with satisfaction and a supreme sense of accomplishment.

We made our way back down and were just hopping the gate when the first police cruiser arrived, close to where our vehicle was parked. Dammit! We hightailed it around to the other side of the building but were spotted. Three cruisers and the dog unit van nabbed us in front of a mexican food restaurant across from the stadium, where the last customers of the evening regarded the scene with shock and horror and some amount of amusement. What began as harmless hijinks soon escalated into a mad, adrenaline fueled dash for life and freedom and ended with the grim realization that it is rather uncomfortable to have your hands cuffed behind you in the back of a cruiser. We were taken in for questioning, me being one of the last. While I waited in the hallway, a cop asked me if I wanted a smoke, to which I said yes. He tossed one in my lap and laughed. Fascist bastard; I was still cuffed. But he felt a moment of remorse, uncuffed me and we chatted for a bit. After determining that we were harmless punks out for kicks, they gave us a stern warning and let us go. We had to walk back to the stadium to get the vehicle, which was about 3 miles but the goodies were still in there as we were careful about such things and had hid them well.

We capped off the night with a fattie and each of us swore never to do that again. Despite the terror of being chased down like dogs and spending the rest of the night in the shop, we all will remember that night and laugh like idiots about it. The thinks kids do, eh?

:)

• amama2six
    amama2six

Great story, Twitch! I've never been cuffed but had a few "talking to's" from officers over the years.

As for me being "sensitive", I really chalk it up to what's been going on here recently and not so much a personal attack on me...so it's all good. I just had to throw that out there as a possibility.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I must have missed lots of stuff over the weekend. What happened?

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

This one time... I woke up and totally got out of bed.

I always remember that day.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Am...I'm going to try and keep this thread from being all about what happened here on the board. There's plenty of other threads that discuss it, though, or maybe someone can PM you about it. Personally I'm done with the discussion, it went on far longer than it needed to in the first place.

Jak...really??? That's the best story EVER...keep 'em comin'!!!

• Eyes Wide Open
    Eyes Wide Open

A few years ago, I went to a wedding with my hubby. Everything was pretty much typical wedding stuff up until the dinner was served. There I was, chomping away on a piece of roast beef, having a great chatty time, when a piece of the beef got stuck in my throat. It wasn't preventing me from breathing (thank goodness!), but it was preventing me from swallowing. I quickly learned that just because you can't swallow doesn't mean that you don't keep producing saliva. So, every time a little spit-ful of saliva went down my throat, my body tried to almost vomit it up because it couldn't go anywhere. So, I grab my husband and try to go to the ladies' room to hopefully spit this piece of meat up. Well, as should be expected, the ladies' room was full. So, I decide to go outside and try to hack it up. I figured that I would just look like I had had too much to drink and was puking my guts out, wedding style, rather than that I hadn't learned how to properly chew my food before swallowing. Unfortunately, that didn't work, and my husband started driving me to the nearest emergency room (I could still breathe fine the entire time). About halfway to the hospital, the piece of meat decided to just slide down my esophagus and into my stomach. Like it had never happened. We ended up going back to the wedding and eating some wedding cake (I was so hungry!). Maybe that's why I became a vegetarian!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit