Great news!!!!!!!

by superman 42 Replies latest jw friends

• superman
    superman

At least for me! I’m so happy I’ve got to tell someone! At the beginning of the year I made the final mental decision to leave the “truth” and fade. I haven’t been out in service or to a meeting in a long time. However, I still went to the district convention this summer (made plans to roommate in hotel with a buddy before I faded). While at the district convention I spent most of my time roaming the halls (couldn’t stand to listen to the BS from the platform). But I met this JW, girl while I was there. She seemed pretty cool, and wasn’t a goody-goody, Holy Roller. We talked, exchanged numbers, and have hung out several times since. But it’s been difficult for me because I’ve known in the back of my mind that things couldn’t get serious, because I could never date or marry anyone who’s an active, brainwashed, JW (it would just complicate things). Well anyway my friend started to notice me getting a bit distant lately, and she asked me if everything was OK. I told her it’s been difficult because I really liked her, but I don’t think that the relationship could go much farther due to the difference in our beliefs. Well this brought up more questions from her about “our beliefs” and what the difference is. So I went out on a huge limb, and started out the conversation by saying “I’m going to tell you something that I haven’t told anyone, and if you no longer wish to hang with me, that’s fine, but for the sake of my family I’m hoping that you will keep this between us”. And I proceeded tell her how I don’t believe that the Jehovah’s Witnesses have the “truth”, or that it’s the one true faith that it claims it is, and about my fade, and my plans to move out of state to start a new life. Well, after telling her this my stomach just dropped as her response was complete silence. She looked at me and said “are you serious”? I said “yes, and if you no longer want to be friends with me that’s fine, but please keep this between us”. Little did I know she felt the exact same way! Se mentioned that only reason that she was even at the convention was because (at that time) she was still living with her parents and they made her go. However, she really liked me, but couldn’t figure out how to me her thoughts about the “truth” before things got too serious between us. She’s read Crisis of the conscious and has even seen this website, she considers herself to be apostate (or as I call it a “free thinker”). You’ll can’t possible know how happy I am, because not only is she smart, BEAUTIFUL, intelligent, and fun to be with. She also was raised in this cult and knows how to relate with what I’m dealing with! Now that she lives on her own, she is planning on fading too!!!!!

• amama2six
    amama2six

That's awesome, superman, I'm so happy for you...and her too, for finding her way out of that crazy organization...I wish you both the best!

• sacolton
    sacolton

That's WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Here's to new beginnings ...

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Congrats to both of you!

I had to laugh when you called COC "Crisis of the Conscious!" That title may fit as well!

S4

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well done!

• dawg
    dawg

Damn you... you've done what I always wanted to do... find a lady that used to be a JW and now knows its crap! Man, I envy the hell out of that.

I have a few ladies I hang with, they really just can't understand what the hell I'm talking about sometimes.

Way to go my bro... congratulations!

• White Dove
    White Dove

WOW! That's great!

• superman
    superman

Thanks guys, I'm feeling like I can walk on air Right now! Who knows maybe this is a blessing from God, LOL.

• besty
    besty

aptly named username

Fortune favours the brave

• M.J.
    M.J.

Congratulations!

Wow, it kind of sounds like the plot of a story like 1984 or Logan's Run or something...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit