Football season is here..what is the best game you ever missed for Jehovah

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember being a big 49ers fan, particularly Joe Montana, when I was a kid. I missed Super Bowl XVI when they played the Bengals, because of a Circuit Assembly. But hey, the assembly was pretty good.

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

That must have been one hell of a cirsuit assembly, wish I went to one good enough to justify missing a SB!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I had to miss a lot of games in the neighborhood because I had to go to a meeting.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Tough one.

I missed a 1976 regular season game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bears for a circuit assembly. The reason I remember it is the Cowboys were 7-1, and Roger Staubach was completing 72% of his passes on his way to an MVP type season when he broke a finger on his throwing hand. Dallas ended up 11-3 and out in the first round of the playoffs. Never got to see what happened.

But probably the topper was the 1977 NFC Championship game between Dallas and Minnesota. Dallas ended up winning 23-6 (without any controversy of receivers pushing off ).

25 years later I ended up with a copy of a videotape of that game. I finally got to see the game! I know it's nerdy and geeky but it was a big thrill for me.

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Tex...that's great, watching a game from 25 years back. It is true though...watching the progression of a game is huge...even if its 25 years later! I wonder how you can go back to 77 and not have a few more during the 80's and the Jimmmmmmaaaaa ERAAAAAAAAAAA?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I wonder how you can go back to 77 and not have a few more during the 80's and the Jimmmmmmaaaaa ERAAAAAAAAAAA

I bought a VCR.

• poppers
    poppers

Yes, I remember some games where there was very little commentary by broadcasters. I really enjoyed that but obviously I was in the minority because it didn't last long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit