yearly shepherding call from the elders

by milligal 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

HA!!

I faded about 15 yrs ago. Just stopped going. Never received a call, letter or anything. Last year my sister's husband called and left a message telling me to call him. No request, no please, just an order to call him. Well that didn't happen. He tried one more time. I didn't return that call either. Idiot. GAG!

Mandette

• Regehr
    Regehr

Yeah..I've been DF'ed just over a year and a half..and I've heard nothing from the elders. My mother seems to think they're going to come around at some point. Im inclined to let them come, but I aint really sure why.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not only DF'ed ones, but inactive ones should receive a yearly shepherding visit.

Here's how the typical elders discussion on this goes.

"A@G, no. He won't welcome a call. Don't bother."
    "OTWO, no. He clearly doesn't want a call. Don't bother."
    "Minimus, well. He technically lives outside our territory, so even though we DF'ed him,
    we don't have to visit him."
    "JK666, he has been seen smoking. Definitely don't bother."
    "AK-Jeff, he started going to Christendom. We've seen lights on his house in December.
    He won't welcome a visit."
    "Cognac- we might be able to recapture her attention and get her activated. Let's visit her."

• JK666
    JK666

OTWO,

You are right, I am smokin' HOT!

I went 6 1/2 years before they decided to visit me, just prior to a new CO's first visit (covering their arses). We met, and I showed them Paul Hoeffel's letter about the Organizations UN affiliation. They promised me they would get back to me on it. Fat chance.

JK

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

Yes, it is true - they never come around. I been disfellowship for over a year now and the only call I got was from them, that they wanted to talk to my wife about her lack of attendance, but since I am the head of the household - the hell with them, I said. The elder said could please pass this on to her - It's been a year. Do you think I should mention it to her. I think NOT!!!

• lrkr
    lrkr

OTWO-

You forgot- Lrkr- lets go see him, reminisce over old times, ask what movies he's seen lately, see if he has any good scotch, make a few inquiries about the family, tell him whats up at Bethel and - well thats it- we did the call for this year.....

• StAnn
    StAnn

So, when you're DF'd, the JC marks on your envelope "do not call"? How will they know how you will feel after a year or two? Isn't the whole point of DFing to shock someone to their senses? Interesting how they're able to divine the future. Bunch of liars and hypocrites.

StAnn

• White Dove
    White Dove

October of 05 is the last meeting I ever went to. No visits from the fine sheep herders.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

If they aren't going I would count my lucky stars

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

I DA'd 12 years ago and although moved out of the area I have never had a visit which I thank my lucky stars for although at the moment I would take great pleasure in slamming the door in there faces (I am normally a lovely person......honest).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit