What do you guys do to go to sleep? And why is the GD forum going so slow!

by mkr32208 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm soooo tired. I usually work nights at the hospital and go to school days (nursing school yeah what fun!) anyway so sleep time can be a bit hard to come by. Now I've developed a new problem insomnia... For instance today I didn't have to work tonight (already got 53 hrs for the week) and so I get to sleep right?! WRONG! I studied until around 1 then went to bed and laid their until about 2 got up watched some TV screwed around online went back to bed 3ish... Got up again around 4ish and came on here...

I'm just so tired and frustrated. I tried the warm milk, I can't do a sleeping pill because I have a big state test at 10 in the am so I've got to be up and alert by 9 to get out the door...

I just feel like shooting myself! (not really)

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Best thing is not to panic. If you can’t get down just lightly amuse yourself with a little reading, or watch TV, and make it as relaxing as you can. But as soon as you panic you're up for the night. Try to forget how you are going to feel in the morning. Insomnia sucks….but learning to relax with it is what I found was the key to coping….

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i had that, i found a bit of weed would help. Not sure if it's an option for you w the job you have. I have heard of a natural relaxer called valerian. You can make tea w it. Never tried it, myself.

S

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When I can't sleep I picture myself high on a mountain waving palm branches and counting from 1 to 144,000

Rub a Dub

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

whenever I wanna stay awake, I end up falling asleep.

Try some chamomille tea?

• yknot
    yknot

Well it is a bit to late .....but next time have some melatonin capsules readied (sold a walmart for $3.46). Until then go soak in an epson salt bath for 20 minutes followed by a warm rinse. Climb into bed and crack open a textbook with the lights low, your brain will tire from the strained reading.....

Former Insomniac......Yknot.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suggest taking 250 mg of magnesium. That is a relaxant. Results are not guaranteed, but the stuff is so ridiculously safe that it is worth a try. And besides, most of us are deficient in magnesium.

Just get the stuff before Dec 31, 2009 because Codex Alimentarius is set to take effect on Jan 1, 2010 and render such safe remedies illegal.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You need to have a routine.

It seems like a routine will be hard to come by in your life at this time.

• blondie
    blondie

Have you tried zolpidem (Ambien)? Taking to a doctor could be a wise idea to rule out any medical issues. (oh, no sleeping pill, well, it's a different kind of sleeping pill).

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sleep-aids/SL00016

Blondie (not a doctor)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't sleep It's slow because of all the traffic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit