The lengths a closed mind will go to.

by dietequiladie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

This is why I continue to implore ex and soon-to-be ex JWs to stick to the facts. Or, at least make the facts the main focus of the discussion/argument.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have an Amazon.com account and regularly purchase books. I am going to attempt a reply

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    They did so ony because they did not want to adhere to Bible standards They wanted to believe in Pagan holidays , The trinity, they wnated to live with someone without benefit of marriage, do drugs, smoke, or they wanted to stop preaching the good news of the Bible.

Yeah, like Ray Franz doesnt live with his wife, he takes drugs, he smokes, and he doesnt preach the good news... HELLO!!!!!!!!

Sheeesh! This woman is so deluded.. she writes lies and then accuses apostates of the same! She really needs to read these books first before she posts a review. But on the flip side, there are links all over her review that say , "BUY"... so I agree she has shot herself in the foot.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

A review based on the canned replys

I will guarantee this person never read any of the books

I have heard those exact comments made so many times

it absolutely sickens me

Just a bunch of programmed wind up toys

Problem is they are dangerous wind up toys

They really aren't even that much fun to play with

• sir82
    sir82
    We are not a cult

If you've reached the point where you have to make this explicit statement, well, guess what...you're a cult!

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

What a stupid woman.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason
    I will guarantee this person never read any of the books

How true! In fact, it doesn't look like this girl has done very much reading at all.

I clicked through her "reviews" and out of 59 posted, I think there were only 2 books. One was about "Healthy Herbs", and another was about "Quick weight loss"...

It's funny how most JW 's think they are experts on subjects when in reality they are completely ignorant.

• Rohag
    Rohag

I followed the link to the author's MSN Home Page and from there to her Favorite Music - Music Store associated with Amazon.com. Artists she favors include

• Nsync
    • Boyz II Men
    • Vanessa Williams
    • Celine Dion
    • Alicia Keys
    • Gloria Estefan
    • Jennifer Lopez
    • Backstreet Boys
    • The Pussycat Dolls
    • Madonna
    • and others.
    Looking only at that list, I would not have pegged her as a Jehovah's Witness. Are these the kind of songs a devoted Witness would or could enjoy (pardon; I'm a pop-music moron)? Is there something about that list that might tip off a discerning eye to the possibility she could be a Witness? I did notice none of the albums carry an explicit lyrics warning. Is she living a "double life?"

My questions are real, not rhetorical. I'm attempting to understand where and how practicing Witnesses actually live out "being in the world but not of it." Dietequiladie, if you feel my questions hijack your thread, please forgive me and I'll start a new one. Thanks!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Judging by the list of music, I'd have to assume she is about 16. And if she isn't, well......................

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I find it sad that the JW who wrote that doesn’t listen to what they themselves are saying and live strictly by it. If they were to do so then they would see the predicament they themselves are in….

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit