For those with a personal relationship to God....How did you get there?

by digderidoo 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

how did you get there?

I "got there" by:

1. Going BACK to the love I had at first: for God and Christ... and for the truth. I was "in" the WTBTS because they told me God was there, Christ was there, and they were the "truth." Of course, none of this was true. But just because I realized that THEY were wrong... I never considered that God was wrong/non-existent. I knew it was me who had erred... who had allowed myself to be deceived. I recognized this... and acknowledged it. And doing that was what led me to the next step:

2. I asked God to give me the truth... and to let me know (and I don't mean "know of") His Son. Turns out, they are one and the same: the Son... IS the Truth. And when he (the Son) came to me (because the Father granted what I had asked for) and revealed that truth to me, that HE was the Truth... I PUT FAITH IN IT... the rest took care of itself:

Because I asked, God sent His Son, the Truth, my Lord and His Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... who is the Holy Spirit. Although I initially wanted to doubt, I didn't let myself. I listened... and eventually saw... in faith... even though I thought I might be going crazy or being possessed or something. From that moment, however, he, the Spirit of the Truth... has been leading me... and doing so... into ALL truth.

It can happen for you, too, dear Didgeridoo. If you let it.

I bid you peace... and ears to hear what the Spirit and the Bride keep saying:

"Come! Take the water of life... holy spirit... which water is poured out by the Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies... free!

Your servant, as I am servant to all those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with,

SA

• theliteissobrite
    theliteissobrite

I simply opened my heart and humbled my mind before my savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. It's a sublime peace I feel. I wish you all could feel it too !

• halcyon
    halcyon

I kind of always had one, sorta, even as a JW. God was with me through my divorce ("God, you want families to stay together! Why are you telling me to divorce him?"); I felt I could turn to Him and feel a communion with Him pretty much all my life. Sometimes it was hard and He felt very distant, but I always tried to reach him. BUT, one day while I was still "in" but doing a lot of questioning, I read a different translation of the Bible. I felt I saw the book in a whole different way, a very dynamic, loving way, and sorta realized that I had been neglecting Jesus all my life. So I (awkwardly) prayed to God to please thank Jesus for His sacrifice for me. I think it was kinda like a born-again prayer, in my own awkward way. I immediately felt a peace of mind come upon me. A total forgiveness of sins. Whatever guilty feelings I was lashing myself with, disappeared. I realized that something very significant had just happened to me, and that I had found it myself, outside of what I was "told" to do, and maybe even flirting with something "wrong", although I couldn't for the life of me agree that thanking Jesus for his sacrifice could possibly be wrong. But the way I came to it, I knew it came from the outside, and I knew that God was ON the outside.

As I was fading, I really felt God answering my prayers. I don't want to make God sound like my personal slave, but if I was entering a very uncomfortable situation, like say my dad was starting to ask too many questions that I didn't want to answer, I would pray for some sort of distraction and one would ALWAYS and immediately occur, and I would be spared the interrogation.

God also helps me find things. :-) Way too often to just be coincidence.

So now I totally trust that God listens to me, even though according to the way I was raised, God should have turned his back on me years ago. But He hasn't. I trust him, because he's proven himself to me. It didn't come from anywhere else. It was something I found, myself.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

by cutting out the middleman. People

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really started to get to know God (in the biblical sense king james version). When she wisked me away up beyond the galaxies while I pulsated between her gorgous spread legs,, while there the earth sped away as did the sun and the spiral of our milkway but I knew I was safe between her legs as I and god were one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit