Cuban Missile Crisis and Armageddon

by Mandette 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mandette
    Mandette

Locutus,

Even into the middle 80's before President Reagan did his thing I remember being scared out of my wits about nuclear war. It continued for a long time for me too. Still have some fear but I'm learning to rid myself of it. A work in progress I guess.

Still..

I was 5 yrs old in '73 so I don't remember that conflict. However I did make the mistake of asking my mom about 1975. Won't do that again. I drew back a bloody stump. And still didn't get any answers.

And in all actuality we still have a very distinct possibility of a nuclear event. Probably more so now that the Soviet Bloc is gone and so many have nukes. I don't want to think about that. I can't control it anyway.

Still a curious cat!

Mandette

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My mother was a JW & lived in Homestead Florida when the Cuban Missile Crisis hit. She was "for sure" it was the big A, as all the JDubs were at that time. She was out in service all the time back then.

Skeeter

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Mandette

I was of the generation that practiced "Duck and Cover" This was shown to us several times a year in Elementary School . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I Holy Krap . . watching that brought back memories. Back then everytime I heard a siren of anytime it was a panic attack . .

As if a wood school desk was going to protect you from a Hydrogen Bomb

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Locutus, there was a parody of that Duck and Cover film...for the life of me I can't remember where I found it, but it was hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit