Homosexuals are human also...

by zeroday 34 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

Pretty much living my entire adult life in JW land I had such a one sided biased against the world including gays...In my own family there were a number of gay members that I thought I was so above them and better than them because the Bible said so...I had a cousin die of AIDS in the early 80's and felt no remorse at all...since my departure 4 years ago I have redirected my priorities in life to include those of not my way of life...I currently have a gay cousin about my age and see the world in a whole new light...I no longer feel superior to anyone and accept those for who they are...this has been a long and hard road back to simplicity I'm just sorry it took so long...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Very human of you to recognize this.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

I'm offended!

I'm super-human!

• BFD
    BFD

The world needs more people like you, zeroday.

BFD

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

This is a very warm, sweethearted thread.

xx

Ps Indo, yes you are honey - superhuman that is. xx

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Zeroday, You are a Sweetie!!!!

If more people thought the same way, and realized that we are all humans, no matter the color of our skin, who we love, etc. the world would be a much happier place!

Thank you !!!!

• zeroday
    zeroday

Control of thought has inhibited my emotions...today I do cry for my loss...thanks everyone for your thoughts...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thank you for sharing.

We all lose that mind control slowly but surely.

• Texman55
    Texman55
    I no longer feel superior to anyone and accept those for who they are...this has been a long and hard road back to simplicity I'm just sorry it took so long...

Glad you made it, zero......I know it took me years to really throw off the superior attitudes about other groups of people, even long after I left the borg......thanks for being so honest and sharing with us.

• chickpea
    chickpea

there are other designations out there
    that identify people that were disparaged
    judged criticized despised and condemned
    by the JW mindset (not exclusive to the b0rg's
    domain i hasten to add)

there is a panoply of people in
    sexual and gender minorities
    that are simply fellow travellers
    on the blue planet.....
    some splendid, some splendidly awful...