Is It Me Or Are The Males of Today More Feminine and/or Nerdy Than Ever B4?

by minimus 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

Minimus I totally agree,

Too many feminine males. Have you ever seen the shows Flipping out, Shear genius, America's next top model, or Project Runway?

All loaded with limp wristers trying to tell women how they should walk, dress, decorate, apply makeup, talk, cook etc.

Don't know if every one of them is gay, but I get tired of hearing how they are experts in the female area.

Glad I'm surrounded by real guys......you know, drop the clothes on the floor, happy to eat a big dinner, work on the cars, earn the living, do the major repairs around the house, and are just generally oblivious to anything else.

They are refreshing!

r.

When you think about it most of...well, network and cable television, sans sports, is aimed at a female demographic. I can't think of many guys, that schedule their lives around morning shows, Tyra, Oprah, Wendy Williams, Judge Judy, The Closer, Lipstick Jungle, and all of the singing and dancing shows out there.

- Preston

• Preston
    Preston
    Of course some men might 'use" their "feminine side" to hook some easy prey.

Most women like to feel like they bring out their boyfriend/husband's sensitive side and that her love made you a better, more sensitive straight guy. But if you're already a weepy bag of slop when you show up for that first date, well, you're not giving her much to work with.

- Preston

• Finally-Free
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Its the men who roam around in supermarkets with shopping lists looking very purposeful and treating their children like adults that baffle me.

HS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, it does seem to me that men are more feminine today, at least with the younger set. Most don't have that manly man attitude when it comes to everything from working a second job if necessary to feeling a sense of obligation to take out the trash. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but my husband works a lot of overtime and still makes all of the repairs around the house and on our cars as well as yard work. He also does special projects like remodeling, plumbing, electrical wiring, installing new flooring, etc. We don't ever pay someone to work on our house, cars or yard. I've offered to help out with simple things like putting gas in the van or taking out the trash, and he won't hear of it. He said he would be embarrassed to have people see his wife do those sorts of things.

However I've seen many men in the younger generation who have no sense of obligation to learn how to fix and maintain a car and home, nor do they have qualms about their wives working second jobs, (even though they do most, if not all of the housework, as well), I know many wives who shovel snow, mow grass and have to take their cars to the garage for maintenance and service and call repairmen and remodelers for their homes.

I've always said that my husband is the last of the hard asses and part of a dying breed. At previous jobs, he has had 15 to 25 guys under his supervision, most of which were half his age, and he ran circles around them. It seems to me that the younger generation of men have a fear of getting their hands dirty. This isn't a criticism, just something I've noticed about guys in their 20's and 30's.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Makes sense. Embrace the Ychromo.

Whats wrong with wanting to smell good? alt

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Its the men who roam around in supermarkets with shopping lists looking very purposeful and treating their children like adults that baffle me.

I go to the supermarket with a list and I'm purposeful. The list is because I'm forgetful and don't want to go there and stand in lineups several times. I'm purposeful because that seems to move people out of my way quickly.

No kids though. If I had kids, they'd be strapped in the cart. Gagged would be nice, but probably illegal.

W

• DJK
    DJK

Hillary

They have a wife that tells them to hike up their skirt and get it done.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Why would I want to change the oil on my car? That's why God created the Audi dealership.

Sour grapes much folks?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    The John Waynes & Burt Reynolds

Ya ya whatevah. My old man was one of those. But in real life one of the biggest pussies I ever know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit