If you want to leave the truth, just walk away!

by moomanchu 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

A close relative recently called me verbatim, "a bad, bad, bad apostate and a sinner against the Holy Spirit" .
    The apostate remark didn't bother me, actually it's a compliment when you think about it.
    Saying I was a "sinner against the Holy Spirit" that did bother me.

This got me to wondering about all the names, accusations and labels given to people who don't want to be a JW anymore.

Doing a quick search in the Insight books I came up with a list.
    apostates pg.126, antichrist pg.116, man of lawlessnes pg. 310, resurrection - sinning against the Holy Spirit pg. 792.
    These are the names, labels and accusations (in just those articles) you will lovingly receive if you stop attending your friendly neighborhood kingdom hall.

I'm sure there's more.

apostate
    antichrist you are the antichrist (part of the composite)........ didn't know this
    man of lawlessnes you are the man of lawlessnes (part of the composite)
    son of destruction you are the son of destruction (part of the composite)
    satan you are a satan (someone who is set against God and therefore is a satan).....didn't know this
    lawless men
    oppresive wolves
    wolf like men
    false teachers
    false prophets
    resisters
    defectors
    hypocrites
    rebels
    back sliders
    immitation christians
    wicked
    wicked opposers of God
    wicked class of persons
    sons of the wicked one
    misled by demons
    sinners against the Holy Spirit
    those having their consciences seared
    men who speak lies
    sect creaters
    fallen away from the truth
    not accepting the love of the truth
    pleasure seekers
    loose
    worldly
    materialistic
    Jezebel
    Judahs's
    field of thorns and thistles

If you're thinking of becoming a JW,
    these are some of the labels you will receive if you ever decide to not be one.

btw I'm not even disfellowshipped. I simply stopped practicing being a JW.

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

If you practice enough, you get really good at it, it's a good thing that you stopped.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Yea

kind and loving isn't it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, I "sinned against the holy spirit". How? Because I saw right through God's smokescreens of being absolutely righteous. I will never believe that He can be anything but an Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that purposely creates things just so He can entertain Himself torturing them and leaving them unfulfilled. And that Satan was the real liberator and the first Savior. (Yes, I believe Jesus was also a liberator, putting him on the same page with Satan).

Plus I sinned against the Washtowel spirit, too. I saw that, not only they put God on an undeserved pedestal, but they do not even follow the Bible like they claim to. They defraud people into giving up their lives for a God that is a cruel Tyrant, and then they skim the money and do not even teach the Bible as they claim. I will never see the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger as following God's spirit, either.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Saying I was a "sinner against the Holy Spirit" that did bother me.

Nice post; seeing all those "names" they paste on conscientious objectors who stop following the Old Men of the Tower and their man made laws says a lot about the organization.

One thing I learned early on in my exit, that really helped me, is this: If you examine the evidence, those of us who leave for reasons of conscience are the ones who occupy the moral high ground. The dubs like to think they are up on Righteous Hill looking down but the truth is they are the ones left wallowing in the pit. There they are, surrounded by hypocrisy, organizational corruption, false doctrines, a steaming pile of lies and deception, and a near-total absence of Christ-like love. Just look at the two-faced UN incident, the duplicitous pedophile policy, the Malawi-Mexico stinkeroo, and the list goes on and on. These actions can't possibly bring praise to God, no matter what name you apply to the deity.

As dubs we learned to memorize the words: By their fruits you will know them. You wake up one day and realize this refers to the WTS and then your "Bible-based conscience" demands you take action and "get out of her." Doing so, you demonstrate a higher set of moral values than those who know what you know but stay behind.

In that way, the moral high ground is yours, not theirs. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. I'm trying to grow and learn and develop real spirituality, living a life that reflects moral superiority to the JW way.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You ain't seen nutin' yet:

JUNE 1, 1952 Watchtower magazine

Page 26

Those who fight Jehovah’s visible organization, upon which his spirit is manifest, sin against the holy spirit, unforgivably so.

• Preston
    Preston
    apostate
    antichrist you are the antichrist (part of the composite)........ didn't know this
    man of lawlessnes you are the man of lawlessnes (part of the composite)
    son of destruction you are the son of destruction (part of the composite)
    satan you are a satan (someone who is set against God and therefore is a satan).....didn't know this
    lawless men
    oppresive wolves
    wolf like men
    false teachers
    false prophets
    resisters
    defectors
    hypocrites
    rebels
    back sliders
    immitation christians
    wicked
    wicked opposers of God
    wicked class of persons
    sons of the wicked one
    misled by demons
    sinners against the Holy Spirit
    those having their consciences seared
    men who speak lies
    sect creaters
    fallen away from the truth
    not accepting the love of the truth
    pleasure seekers
    loose
    worldly
    materialistic
    Jezebel
    Judahs's
    field of thorns and thistles

Damnitt, I haven't been called half this stuff!

But youre right moomanchu, this is the common sense approach that's been eluding people that were in it for the longest time. If you don't like being a JW just leave.... no meetings, no judiciary hearings, no CIA we've-got-a-file-on-you BS, no sign on the dotted line crap. Just go!

- Preston

• The Dandroid
    The Dandroid

yes;nothing like a good dose of 'love' from the JW's to make you wanna go back is there. I got baptized at the stupid age of 15 (peer pressure, I wouldnt have fitted in otherwise) and disfellowshipped at 19. Now 30, married and with a kid, I wonder why my older witness brother still treats me like I'm some sort of leperous nazi. Surely if you cant marry at 15, you shouldnt be allowed to get baptized into something that will ultimately affect the rest of your life? I think it's frustratingly hilarious that I am still being judged now. I don't live anywhere near where I was thrown out of, and rarely think about the JW's, until a family event in which my brother behaves so rudely and reminds me of what a lucky escape i had! Surely there should be some timeframe on the disfellowsshipping thing when they eventually just treat you like any other non witness? AND I was disfellowshipped in my absence! Ididnt even know until my neighbour, a witness, started ignoring me, and then would only whisper a reply when I asked her why...Yes folks, whispered. It seems God is hard of hearing apparently. Right now, sins are being committed all over the places by witnesses, only very quietly, so they should get away with it. Honestly, I wish my brother would grow up.

• Texman55
    Texman55

It's a BUSINESS pretending to be a religion.

And yep, just walk away, stop going is the best idea. Don't argue, dont' justify, don't debate. Dont play by their fucked up rules, they're all stacked against you. Just leave and ignore all the hoorah. If you can.

That's what I did, and nobody ever called or knocked on my door, the JC never came after me. But--it finally occurs to me after all these years--there was nothing to be gained by them coming after me with threats and penalties, etc.

Because I had no family in the borg at all. Thus, there was no one else they could CONTROL by beating me over the head.

I used to feel sorry for myself and wish i had a nice theocratic family like everybody else. Soooo glad I didn't now.....missed out on a lot of heartaches other people have had to go through when they left.

Just think about it....all this Df'ing is not really about the sinner who's being punished.....it's about controlling the rest of the sheep still inside the pen.

Jeez, 30 years out and I'm still realizing shit about the dubs' tactics and manipulations!!

• Texman55
    Texman55

JUNE 1, 1952 Watchtower magazine

Page 26

Those who fight Jehovah’s visible organization, upon which his spirit is manifest, sin against the holy spirit, unforgivably so.

thank you Honesty for posting that. OMG what a fucking ball twister this is! So fighting against (=any disagreement with) the borg is The Unforgiveable Sin!?!?

They sure didn't tell me that when I was studying the so-called Truth book. Man what what a fucking nasty piece of manipulative shit.

Who needs any further proof its a CULT??? Damnnnnn.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit