Can You Imagine the Outcry

by XJW4EVR 33 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

silly season in action

• Texman55
    Texman55

It's just a big publicity stunt the GOP is pulling.....to whip up the masses......they controlled Congress both houses, I believe, from 1994 to just last year......so howcum suddenly theyre just NOW oh so concerned about protecting consumers and meeting the energy needs of this great country, hmmm?

Play by the rules boys, the House adjourned, you can try again tomorrow......a whimper in the dark from the fading fascist party.....sore losers......imho

• John Doe
    John Doe
    so howcum suddenly theyre just NOW oh so concerned about protecting consumers and meeting the energy needs of this great country, hmmm?

Might have something to do with the fact that gas was $.79 a gallon in '97.

• JK666
    JK666

An interesting thought:

Bush was an oil man.

Cheney was an oil man

During their regime, oil profits are at an all time high.

Coincidence? Yeah, the Republicans have got our welfare in mind.

JK

• John Doe
    John Doe

sorry, wrong thread

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh hogwash John Doe! Do I have to come to wherever in the godforsaken hell you are and school you?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Be my guest. ;-)

• beksbks
    beksbks

I don't like your new avatar by the way

• John Doe
    John Doe

Really? I think I look rather good. ;-)

• beksbks
    beksbks

So here's the deal. Oil companies are making the greatest profits in the history of profits in America. ANY profits. We've had a whole bunch of oil men in office for 7+ years. We've gotten into a war in the Midde East (OIL!) based on pure lies. Today the American public is paying a price for gas that is nearly unbelievable. Not because it is so high (it's probably more at what is should be considering the rest of the world), but because of the rate at which it has risen. Oil companies have leases on many many fields that they are not even drilling on. But this administration is trying to open up new leases in protected areas before it leaves office. They are playing manipulative nonsense in order to (my favorite word lately) bamboozle the public into thinking that this is somehow going to help them. The oil companies and these oil men, just want to get control of those leases while they have a chance, they have no intention of easing the pain of the common consumer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit