Date tonight

by B_Deserter 60 Replies latest jw friends

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Well, I have a date tonight. Predictably, I'm pretty nervous. Does anyone have advice as far as what are good conversation ice breakers and subjects that work well for date talk. I already know the obvious (don't bring up sex, don't talk about your mother/ex-girlfriends, etc.), but I'm afraid I'm going to sit down at the table and have nothing to say to this woman.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Say something like

What DO you know about Jehovah's Witnesses?

purps

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yikes Purps -- what a conversation stopper! (Gee, let me turn to the back of my Reasoning book...conversation stoppers section....)

B_D: Ask her a few questions about herself -- interests, activities, travel plans. Then look at her and really listen. If you can get anyone to start talking about themselves and feel comfortable doing so, they'll think you are a great conversationalist !! (Works for me.)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Come on now!!!! First you pray ( at home) then you talk about where she is from? what kind of movies she enjoys,? It will come naturally. Just DONT talk about the Paradise earth, the 144.000,or the Cult....else she will run... Good luck sweetie lets know how you fair. ( Dont get fresh on the 1st date. ORDERS FROM MOUTHY!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

My thoughts exactly, Gopher. But then be sure to listen carefully to her answers.

Love, Blondie

• james_woods
    james_woods

Be sure to ask her - "are you gonna eat that?" Football or Nascar might be a good common ground subject.

• JK666
    JK666

Ask questions and see what she likes, then discuss her interests. Get her talking, and the rest is EZ! Good luck.

JK

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I have several daughters post high school age, and often listen to their gripes about guys! LOL. I totally concur with the previous posts on LISTENING. Listening actively, with interest, and ask questions to learn more. Ask about favorite books, movies, etc. What it was like growing up in her family. What she likes to do in her free time. Hopefully in some of that, you can find a common hobby/interest, and run with it. A little humor is great. --- People can tell when someone is just listening with glazed over eyes, and can't wait to get back to the most important topic - themselves! :) GOOD LUCK.

aunt bee

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Well that should be easy because I LOVE listening! Oh my goodness I can't get enough of a girl that talks a lot. If I have to think of all the conversation topics I crash and burn quickly.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

And don't worry, Mouthy, I am a gentleman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit